Chapter 12 - Aftermath

~A few days later Third person POV~

Days after, the two had continued acting normally. (Y/N) had told Grey that she felt the same. Though they felt the same, the people in the guild took notice of the strange behaviour the two had when near each other.

(Y/N) would tense up slightly and Grey would sometimes be a stuttering mess. "Are you two sure you're OK?"  Erza had asked after she had seemed to see the awkward atmosphere whenever the two met. They would always reply with a "Y-yeah" or "We're sure".

Erza was the first to notice and gradually everyone else did too. The guild could even swear they saw the two holdinv hands but then dismissed it as a trick of the mind.

Walking in, Grey nervously scanned the hall, looking for (Y/N). Seeing she wasn't at the guild yet, he breathed a sigh of relief and went to sit down at a lonely table at the front corner of the guild hall. Sitting down he sighed again and lay his head on his hands.

Grey not aware of the presence yet, Lucy neared, wandering if he was alright. "Hey, you ok there Grey? You don't look so good." Lucy questioned the blue haired boy. Grey's he shot up in surprise from the unnoticed girl that had walked up to him. "Y-yeah. I'm f-fine. Why do you ask?"  he stuttered. Grey had not seen the blond girl walk in to him so he relied in surprise.

Lucy shook her head, taking a seat at the table. "Well, you and (Y/N) have been acting weird since you came by from that mission." she said. "I mean yes, you found out her and a dragon used to be friends but that shouldn't get you so worked up that you would be acting this weird."

Erza walked over, joining them at the table along with Natsu. "I get the idea that you're having issues with friendship but you gotta tell us what happened if you want help." Erza said. "Yeah we fight all the time but we're still friends, a team and a family. We're worried." Natsu said, nearly yelling now. Erza punched his head to quieten him down.

Meanwhile, at the guild entrance, (Y/N) walked in, doing the same thing Grey did when walking in. She scanned the hall an to her great disapproval, Grey had already arrived at the guild. She had hoped that she could walk in, grab a quick job and leave, making sure that Grey wouldn't know. But now that grey was here, the day hadn't gone to plan.

(Y/N)  had done this procedure everyday since arriving back. Go to the guild hall, get a quick job and leave, trying to avoid Grey as much as possible. But today, she had to confront him, and he want alone either which would make all the more awkward.

Trying to creep around so that the table that Grey was at and everyone around it wouldn't notice her, (Y/N) quietly and quickly crept across the hall's perimeter to the quest job. Hoping she wouldn't get noticed, (Y/N)'s request to the heavens quickly got rejected as Lucy and Erza both noticed her sneaking around.

"(Y/N)! Come over here and join us!" Lucy exclaimed on the top of her lungs with a wide smile. At the mention of her name, everyone's stares and gazes were upon her. This is going to be the longest day of my life. (Y/N) thought to herself as she made her way over to the table with her friends in a lonely corner of the hall.

I'm really sorry for the short update guys. I had to revise for my tests and tomorrow I have even more revision to do so I knew I wouldn't be able to do it then.

Though, I hope you enjoyed this short chapter.

Till next time my lovelies.
Crimson_Dragonness