Chapter 21

I don't think angering him is a good idea

"Well, let's go Zer. We have work to do." I said, standing up and starting to walk. "And you'll need to help me relay the conversation to the other guild members. Just to make sure nothing happens." He nodded understanding it would take a lot out of me and that I needed some help.

(Y/N)'s POV

We ran to somewhere where there was more open space and Zeref held my hand the second we stopped and stayed in one place. I closed my eyes and searched for all of the people of our guild that didn't have the information and I sent what they needed to know their way. I felt exhausted as I was doing it but at the same time, I had energy. Zeref was doing his job.

After I finished, I opened my eyes. Just as I was about to fall, Zeref caught me and held me up. "Thanks, Zer. But we don't have time. We have to get moving." I said, before straightening and walking into the woods once more.

"Do you think they'll be fine with me?" Zeref said as we were running. I nearly doubled over laughing. "What?" He questioned. I tried to calm myself while Zeref was looking at me like I was a lunatic. I managed to calm myself down enough to explain to him why I was laughing so historically.

"They will. I mean I gave them every piece of information that I could to make sure that they know you're trustworthy but not enough to know about me. And besides, if they don't like you, they can suck it up. Gramps decided you're helpful and that we could use you, so they can't say nothing." I explained. Still, I was trying to get back my sanity after that outburst of laughter.

Zeref looked at me with a smile before we started walking towards the middle of the island, where the Tenrou tree was. He still has a love for humanity that he buried deep within huh? Explains his work of being accepted hehe.

Gray's POV

"Hey, do you know what that was all about?" I asked Loke. He looked deep in thought. "Loke? Lokeee. Oi hey. Loke? Ya, hear me?" I kept calling out his name. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and that seemed to get him back to Earth. He blinked a couple of times before putting up one hand, and the other behind his head. "Oh sorry. What? I spaced out, for a second there." I sighed and asked him again.

Maybe he knew something, more than he was letting on but he seemed like he told me everything he knew. "I think that was some sort of telepathy magic from (Y/N). Zeref must've held her hand to transfer magic and give her some of his power as hers might not have been enough on its own.
"She must have shown us what happened, and the decision gramps made along with some other information to show us that we could trust Zeref and some of her past to show how he's helped out and all that. But... I haven't seen this type of telepathy magic before. I'll have to ask her later. But for now, we have enemies approaching and we need to take care of them." Loke explained.

I nodded my acknowledgement and we set out to the beach to intercept the ship.

(Y/N)'s POV

Now that that's all done, it was time to get to some ass kicking. Those dark guild members needed to understand what the hell was going on, and that they will not be leaving with my friend and injuring my other friends for their twisted purposes.

Me and Zeref ran around through the wood trying to get to the southern shore of the island as quickly as possible. We dived around and dodged tons of things along the way, and at some point, I had tripped over a tree root and had gotten my foot tangled and stuck in a vine. It took us around 5 - 10 minutes to try and get the thing off of my leg. After prying it off my leg, and having to listen to Zeref laugh during the whole time, we continued on with our journey towards the ship on the southern shore. We arrived to a very welcoming party.