Chapter 10 - Love

~Grey's POV~

Looking at (Y/N) on Acnologia's snout with her (H/L) (H/C) being blowing back with the wind made her even more beautiful. I must be going crazy but that's what I'm thinking. The (E/C) from her eyes stands out and complements at the same time with her hair colour. That adds to her beauty.

Every time I look at her, something new just add to her nice personality or cold beauty. She's kind, has a lot of friends and allies, but somehow, she's always so distant.

I've noticed this since I was little. Yeah we were friends but it felt like we were worlds apart, like she wasn't really present. Or if she was, she wasn't there in front of me but somewhere else. But she still melted my heart. She just knew how to push the buttons that made me happy and positive all the time. She's older by a couple of months but that was the difference that made her act like an older sister when we were little.

And while I was listening to her story and looking at her now linking the past with the present, I realised. I loved her. And I realised why I do too. She has a kind and friendly personality with a cold and painful past but never let's it out so that people won't worry. She has a beauty that makes her seem cold because she never smiles when she's alone if you catch her alone to see that. But that cold beauty makes her kind and warm personality stand out.

And I love her. Just like that. The way she is.
But I donno if I should tell her. She has been my friend since forever and I don't want to destroy that but at the same time, I can't stay without telling her. It's eating me from inside. Decisions...... Decisions..... Tell her...... Don't tell her...... Keep our friendship....... Break out friendship...... I just don't what to do.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I talked to Acnologia's a lot on the way to the town. But I kept my eyes off Grey so long, I was starting to get worried. I got up and looked back over Acnologia's head to look back at Grey. He was frowning and looking deep in thought.

I wonder if something's wrong. I thought, already heading over. Sitting down next to him, I saw that the kids have started waking up and looking confused. Asking him will have to wait.

Walking over to the children, they looked at be frightened. "W-Where are w-we?" asked a little brown haired girl. I smiled kindly and she seems to relax once she saw I meant no harm.

"We're taking you back home. You're safe." I responded. She relaxed fully and tried to get up but fell back down once she felt Acnologia's muscles moving so his wings were beating again.

"That's the Dragon that took us. What's he doing here? Oh. My name's Greta by the way." Greta said.

"He.... He's a ally. My friend. He was.... What you would call sleepwalking and sleep talking. He was not conscious o what he was doing so yeah. My name's (Y/N). The dragon's name is.... Erm..... Blue." I said. She looked like she didn't quite believe me but she accepted the story anyway seeing that I was her saviour. "Oi Grey. Come help me with takin are if the kids so they won't be scared anymore." I said turning back to Grey. He nodded and, knowing the story I just said, went to the other kids to help them calm down.

From what I saw, the other children were younger than Greta. And being younger, they took the story we gave them more easily. "Miss? How long yo we have until we get home?" said a young boy with blonde hair and blue eyes coming over to me. That was a good question too because even I didn't know. "One minute. Let me ask."

Turning forward, I was about to ask went Acnologia's voice answered, already what I was about to ask. "Two more minutes. I can see the outline other town." Then there was a slight pause. "Blue huh? Not conscious of what I was doing? You're good at making up stories on the spot."  He said in my head. "Two minutes until we arrive." I said without looking back. "Well what was I supposed to say? Better than telling them that you kidnapped them to teach them magic, don't you think?" I said back through telepathy and walked over to sit on his snout again.

The snout was far enough from the others so they won't hear what I'm saying. That means less magic consumption and I can preserve my magi for when I really need it. Plus meaning I won't need to use my Black Demon Slayer magic to access other types of magic. "Valid point. Better tell them that than people finding out it was Acnologia." he replied. "Let's get moving. I wanna get this mission done and over with." Acnologia's nodded and started flying faster.

~small time skip to town~

Just in the town centre where everyone was. That is where he hate land. He couldn't find any other place. Great. Just what I need. A commotion about me riding the very Dragon that kidnapped all the kids. Fantastic. I thought sarcastically. Acnologia let one of his wings down so we can leave while the other was tucked against his body.

One by one with Grey's help, the children slowly climbed down and as more and more kids did, so did more and more adults start appearing, looking for their children.

Eventually, the whole town appeared around the big Dragon who was letting everyone climb down without moving. This made a huge crowd form around us and the children who were telling their parents stories of the frightening yet fun adventures. Then, the mayor of the town came. He looked up at the Dragon and asked a question I was expecting.

"How did you tame this beast?" he said in wonder. He was about to approach but I stopped him.

"I'm sorry mayor but I do not give away my secrets. And he is not a beast but a...." I paused, looking for the right word. "interning Dragon if nothing else. His name is Blue and he doesn't like strangers . I barely managed to get him to land here." I said. I looked over at Acnologia's and saw his eyes glinting, showing that he was trying to stop himself from laughing.