Chapter 12

"What?" I don't think that's right "Yep, no that's not me it can't be" I tell my parents.

"Yes it is, now come on, get up and ready because we have to go and do a few things now that you are officially a pre-vamp." My mum tells me.

Ten minutes later I walk into the back garden where my mum is waiting for me. My dad went to the Vampire law firm to inform them about me so my mum stayed back to teach me how to use my powers. She is standing next to a bucket of water, a plant and a fire hydrant.

"Ok, it usually takes weeks for pre-vamps to learn how to use their powers and that's usually when they only have one, you have five so this will most likely be a long and frustrating day. You ready?" My mum asks me.

"I guess" I reply.

"Ok, stand in front of me" she points to the place in front of her. "I thought we would start with your affinity for air as I have that too so it will be easier for me to teach. Once you use your affinity once you will no longer need practice, you will just feel your power and how to use it. Put your hands up to the sky and focus on what you want to do, right now you want to make a breeze so focus on your powers flowing through your body and up into the sky." I do as my mum says and instantly feel power running through me. It's an odd sensation that is hard to explain but I feel really light, I feel like part of the air. "Focus on your power leaving your fingertips and entering the atmosphere. With that I feel the power leave my body and I suddenly feel a breeze around me. "Well done Zyana, now focus on making it faster" I focus on speed, on the breeze surrounding me and whipping my hair around my face and the wind instantly speeds up. "You really do have a gift Zyana, you can control and use your air power correctly".

My mum and I spent the rest of the day doing this, I threw fire (fire affinity), made a plant grow (earth affinity), controlled water (water affinity) and read my mums mind (spirit affinity). It is now 6 pm and I am sitting in the living room (after learning how to cover my tattoo/mark with a vamp product that doesn't rub off unless you use the antidote) trying to figure out whether I should text him or not. I haven't got any birthday messages and I'm a little upset, even Steph didn't message me.

"Hon, we just realised we didn't give you your present, it's in the back garden" My dad tells me.

"Thanks" I reply while getting up from the couch and walking to the back door. I walk out the back door but there's nothing there.

"Hey dad, there's nothing-"

"SURPRISE" I hear so after jumping and screaming I turn back around to see all my friends there.

"Aww, you guys are the best" I reply before running and jumping into Jayden's arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. "I thought you had forgotten" I whisper in his ear.

"I could never forget" he replies.

"Huhmmm" I hear my mums voice and turn to see her looking at me.

"Oh sorry mum, this is Jayden, my boyfr-" I break off realising that Jayden might not be my boyfriend anymore. He seems to notice as he leans down and whispers in my ear.

"Can we talk, privately?" he asks me.

"Umm, yeah, sure. We can go inside" I tell him and walk in leaving my friends to dance to the music they just put on. Once in my bedroom I turn and close the door leaving Jayden and I all alone.

"How was your day today?" he asks.

"Good" I reply, not really focussing on what I am saying. I can't loose Jayden, I can't! Please make him a pre-vamp. I need him. I just realised something...

I love Jayden.

I will do anything for Jayden.

Hopefully this works.

"Stand still" I tell Jayden.

"What?" He replies

"Stand still and open your mind" I repeat.

"Ok" he answers and instantly stops moving.

I focus on my power flowing through my body, I focus on my spirit, on it radiating off of me. I focus on Jayden's mind and what I need to know, Is Jayden a pre-vamp?

Suddenly the answer I need comes to me. Jayden is a vampire.

Jayden is a vampire?!

"You're a vampire" I say out loud and Jayden's eyes instantly shoot up to look at me. A smile breaks across both of our faces but I barely have time to smile before Jayden pins me against the wall at inhuman speed. He has my hands pinned against the wall above my head and he goes in to kiss me when I feel the weirdest sensation. Judging by the look on Jayden's face, he feels it too. We look up to see our tattoos connecting.

We are soulmates.

Jayden and I are soulmates.

With that I look to Jayden and see him smiling.

"I love you" he tells me.

"I love you too" I reply and with that our lips connect sending me into paradise.

I love Jayden.

He loves me too.

I don't think I have ever been this happy.