4: Death Picked My Name

Amaryllis Roman

The next morning I woke up breathing heavy with a throbbing head.

I'd had a nightmare about the most absurd of things.

I'd dreamt of Ceasar.

I didn't know what the hell was so interesting about him that I'd dream of his life story, I didn't even like the play write version.

I shivered, I hadn't touched my copy of the play since the...incident. And I sure as hell didn't plan to.

"I'm happy you didn't faint." I heard a voice say.

Clenching my hands into fists, I slowly turned around to see a man no more than 22, standing by my window sil. He had silver eyes and blonde hair, both strikingly bright. He wore jeans and a light blue tee shirt, almost the same colour as the sky.

"Who a-are you and h-how did y-you get in here?" I said trying to steady my voice.

"Was my note last week not clear enough?" He said tilting his head to the side in amusement.

"Your Chaos." I said with a shaky breath.

"That's my name, don't wear it out." Either he was crazy or I was dreaming, but I sure as hell wasn't sticking around to find out. I needed to run.

And so I did just that. I sprinted to my bedroom door wrenching it open. I was an inch away from stepping outside, when I felt myself being pushed back by an invisible wall. I tried to scream but I felt the air knocked out of me and the door slam shut. I was yanked back, and sent tumbling into my bedroom wall.

Chaos remained standing beside the window sil. He flicked his wrist and I could breathe again.

I fell to the floor gasping for air as he stalked towards me.

"I was trying to have a conversation with you. It's rather rude that you tried to run out on me. You and I have a lot to discuss Amaryllis Roman."

Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't breathe, or the fact that he magically beat my ass without lifting a finger, but I suddenly felt light headed and droopy eyed.

It was then that I succumbed to darkness.

_______________

"You faint quite a lot." I heard a voice say. My eyes sprang open as I saw Chaos sitting at the foot of my bed.

Fuck. I'd hoped meeting Chaos was a dream. Clearly I'm not that lucky.

"Well maybe if you'd stop doing creepy shit to me I wouldn't pass out." I said defensively.

"Besides Chaos is an extremely unnerving name, I don't think anyone would jump with joy if they heard that Chaos was coming there way."

Chaos just laughed.

"Well its not like I picked it anyways." He said finally. I furrowed my brows.

"Then who did?" I asked.

"Long story short...Death did." I sucked in a breath.

"Death...picked your name?" I asked.