Chapter 7 ~ Ajax

I panicked and watched Scarlett and Lily leave. When they were out of sight, I turned to the man who was struggling in our basement. "Oh fuck..." I tiptoed my way over to the chair and took the blindfold off, seeing Kendall's green eyes full of fear.

He tried to speak through the gag, but all that came out was, "Mmph."

I looked down at the tape that covered his pink lips. "I... I can't take it off. I mean... I could. Physically, but..." I paused and ran a hand through my hair. "I should. Oh, lords..." I paced in front of Kendall, his eyes following my every move. I resisted the pressure of his gaze as long as I could, but I eventually gave in. "Okay! Just don't scream." I walked up to Kendall and pulled the tape off.

Of course, he didn't listen. "HELP!" his voice echoed throughout the basement. I picked up on the sound of some frightened birds from outside as they squawked and flew away. My eyes widened at how loud this man could scream.

"I said don't scream!" I exclaimed. Panicking, I quickly pushed the tape back onto his mouth and backed up. "Gods, why can't men listen?" I turned around watching the basement door. It, of course, didn't move from its closed state. I took a deep breath to contain myself from the fact my biggest celebrity crush was in my basement. I got my nerves under control and pivoted around to face the singer. "Listen. I'm here to help you." I paused walking towards him and kneeling in front of him. "If I take the tape off, I need you to please, please, not scream." I slowly moved my hand placing it on his knee "I'm trying to protect you."

He closed his eyes and pulled his knee away from my hand, making a noise of resistance that sounded something between a whimper and a groan. I pulled my hand away as my gut twisted at the sight. Nevertheless, I waited for his response. Eventually, he gave in and nodded.

I stood up making sure not to make any fast movements, "I'm gonna take it off again, okay?" He didn't make any move to respond.

As I moved to take the tape off again, his eyes trailed me with every move I made. I pulled it off and he winced at the pain it caused, then opened his mouth up to say something. but closed it not long after. He stared at me for a moment before deciding that he wanted to speak. "You don't seem like a kidnapper."

My hand clenched, crumpling the tape, and my face instantly went red hearing his voice. "I... I wouldn't. I'm not..." I tripped over my words and backed up. "It's just for your safety, you know?"

"Right, you said someone was after me." He looked to the ground and pulled against the restraints. "Were you talking about yourself?" The fear in his voice stabbed at my heart.

"What?! No!" I gasped at the idea of even hurting Kendall. Well... besides the fact that I punched him. "It's... I don't know who is trying to hurt you," I admitted as I sat on the cold basement floor.

"So in a sense," he started. His voice was low. "You kidnapped me for no reason?" His glare hit me like a blade. I squeaked softly, turning my gaze to the floor.

"I'm so sorry..." I mumbled standing up. "I just... I have to follow my gut. It always leads me in the right direction." I looked towards the blonde man hoping, begging, him to understand.

"If you're so sorry, why don't you let me go?" he said, keeping his eyes on me. I could tell he was trying to keep up a tough-guy facade, but there was a quiver in his voice that told me he was truly scared.

I held back a sad moan as I watched Kendall try and hold up his act. "I... I'm sorry." I walked towards him and grabbed another piece of tape. "I can't let anyone hurt you. Too many people would be devastated."

Kendall saw what I was doing and began struggling furiously against his restraints. His act fell. "Please," he pleaded. "Please don't." His breathing was coming out in short, ragged puffs. I could hear his heartbeat speed up.

I shook my head, trying to clear it of the bubbling thoughts that were sure to surface soon. "I'm sorry," I said and put the new piece of tape over his mouth. "I need a breather... I'll be upstairs." I turned around and walked quickly towards the door, throwing it open.

Kendall tried yelling through the tape as one last attempt at getting my attention. I clenched my jaw and squeezed my eyes shut before closing the door behind me and starting up the stairs.

My feet led me to the back porch while my mind raced. How could I kidnap someone?! I paced on the falling apart porch. "Fuck, what am I suppose to do?!" I screamed into the abyss of the forest that surrounded our house. I turned to the screen door, "Wait. Why didn't Scar come outside? This isn't good." I pushed the door back open rushing through it, "Scar?!" I ran up the stairs looking into Scarlett's and Lily's room. I found my way downstairs again heading towards the kitchen.

"What is this?" I walked up to the counter picking up a note.

Ajax,

Lily and I think that you did the right thing.

We are heading out to get supplies to get the boys,

without hurting them. I'm not sure when we will get back,

we have a lot to do in a very short amount of time.

-Scarlett

I froze reading Scar's note, "They're crazy..." I exclaimed to myself, heading back towards the basement "Then again, it is my fault they got the idea." I groaned and started back down the stairs, "So, Ajax. Be yourself, be tough, get it done." I nodded my head, satisfied with my moto for the day. I opened the basement door walking inside and slowly closing it behind me.

My eyes fell onto Kendall, his own eyes filled with terror, maybe thinking that I had just come down to torture him. I sighed and walked to a cot I had put up when he was out. "Listen, Kendall, I know you don't believe that I'm here to help," I said. "But I am." I walked over to him taking the chains off of the chair but leaving him trapped. "Either way, I want to make it as comfortable as I can."

He squirmed, trying to get away from me. I shook my head. With ease, I made Kendall walk over to the cot, "Listen it's best you get some sleep, I'll be back with food in the morning." I smiled at him lightly as I chained him to the cot. I turned to the basement door hearing him struggle in the cot. I opened the door and turned to him. "Once the threat is gone," I stared up the stairs, not caring if he was listening or not "You won't have to see me ever again." I walked through the doorway closing the door and headed up to my room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! Things are definitely starting to get real... Duh duh duh...! Haha sorry. I - again - don't have much to say other than, give a round of applause to Ajax for this chapter. (Because she's the one who wrote this one :p) I just edited it. We are loving where this story is going and we hope you are too! Thank you so much for your time and support!

All the love. S

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hewwo Hewwo! Jordyn here, Honestly. writing this chapter a few times I feel like I almost went back to like 2015 writing and was like they fell in love at first sight. blah blah. Lol no regrets. I do hope however that you did enjoy reading the chapter. That's all for now!

Peace,

-Jordyn