Chapter 13 ~ Scarlett

**TRIGGER WARNING** 

IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS BEEN SEXUALLY HARASSED OR ABUSED PLEASE DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SPEAK UP AND SEEK HELP. IT IS NOT A JOKE AND NOT OKAY. WE LOVE YOU ALL, SO PLEASE BE SAFE. Enjoy the story!

It had been a couple of hours since I had been down in the basement. I knew that going down there was inevitable, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Lily had asked me if I wanted to go with her when it was her turn to check on them, but I declined. I even asked if she could take my turn. I could tell that my request surprised her, but she went anyway. And I was so thankful that she did. I wasn't ready to face him yet. I wasn't ready to look him in his beautiful green eyes and tell him that he had to stay with us until we knew they were safe. I couldn't tell him that he had to keep being locked away in an unknown place, clueless, scared, and trapped. I knew all too well how it felt, but I didn't have enough time to think of something else. I knew that excuse was stupid, but it's what I kept telling myself every time I glanced down the stairs to the basement. I needed to know if he was alright, but I couldn't bring myself to move.

After Lily had come back up, she filled me in on some things. She said that Kendall had seemed to calm down a bit and tried to convey those feelings to Niall and Harry. Niall had taken to it a little, but Harry refused to give in. Lily had told me that he was the only one who she didn't feel comfortable taking the tape off of. Kendall had his taken off when Lily and I brought them down there and Lily had taken Niall's off to talk to him. She winced when she told me that he started hyperventilating. She thought he was going to scream, but she was glad he didn't. I could tell that she was trying not to tell me anything about Harry in an attempt to get me to go down there myself and check on him, but I was still hesitant.

It was now close to 10 pm and I still hadn't gone down to the basement. A knock on my door shook me out of the mindless trance that I had forced myself into. "Come in," I mumbled. The door opened not a moment later.

"You know, just because we have sensitive hearing doesn't mean you can mumble all you want," Ajax said pointedly. "It's still hard to make out slurred words."

I shrugged my shoulders and sat up on my bed, facing Ajax. "Sorry. I'm just out of it I guess. Did you need something?"

She frowned. "Not me, Scar," she said crossing her arms over her chest. "Lily and I already took care of Kendall and Niall. You have to go down there and do the same for Harry." I knew what she was doing and I didn't like it.

"Why didn't you do it?" I asked already knowing why. I had hoped that I wouldn't have to see him again today. But I was starting to see that that wasn't on the agenda for me.

"Because he is your responsibility," Ajax countered. "I'm not saying that I don't care for his wellbeing, but you were the one to kidnap him, now you need to take care of him."

I groaned and rubbed my face with my palms. "Oh gods," I said with a bitter laugh. "This is all so ridiculous. Why- how-" I sighed. "How did it come to this? Why are there three insanely famous heartthrobs being held in our basement?"

Ajax sighed and dropped her arms to her side. "I hate to admit this, but I know that this is my fault. And I'm sorry. But it's too late to quit now. We have to make sure that they're safe and protected and the only way I thought I would be able to do that is, well... this. You and Lily, unfortunately, had no choice. If the senders of the threats heard that I had gotten Kendall before they did, and Niall and Harry were still roaming free, they would've kidnapped them or killed them without hesitation."

I ran my hands through my hair and shook my head. "It's just all so backward. I mean, kidnapping them so they are safe from being kidnapped? Such an unorthodox plan. It makes my head spin."