Ace X Reader {Requested}

♡I am VERY sorry I took this long to write this . Forgive me !♡

You layed on the deck staring at the sky . It was cloudy and about to rain .
" Great ! Its gonna rain ! I can smell it !"
You cheered and took a deep breath .
" just whats your obsession with rain (y.n)-yoi ?"
A voice asked .
" Oh marco ! You poor little lost child . Rain is life itself !"
You said sitting up .
" well I used to like rain"
Suddenly a voice said from behind you . You jumped a bit .
" Ace you scared me !!"
"Hihi , gomen"
He said and set next to you . You two were pretty close and being honest with yourself you loved him , A LOT !
But there was nothing awkward , you were comfortable with him .
You snuggled close to him , leaning against his side .
" Apology accepted , now warm me up fire boy"
You giggled . He chuckled and warped an arm around you . You got comfortable and closed your eyes .
As a few moments passed your eyes shot open as you sniffed the air . You jolted up .
" Whats wrong ?"
Ace and marco asked . You walked to the middle of the deck .
" GUYS A HUGE STORM COMING OUR WAY !! BE PREPARED"
You shouted and everyone who was chilling got on feet . Soon enough the ship was a mess , people running around as the wind picked up more . There was a huge thunder and the rain started pouring down .
" WHY IS IT RAINING LIKE THIS ?"
Ace asked annoyed as he stood under the mast , trying to find a dry place .
" This storm is too strong ! My magic wont do anything at this rate "
You said as the pressure became too much . Soon enough the water barrier around the ship broke down and people were blown away . Everyone grabbed onto something .
" Is everyone ok ?"
You asked .
" Yeah we're-"
Ace couldn't finish as the rope he was holding omto snapped . There was a huge 90° wave and the ship was riding it as ace fell into water .
" AAACCCEEEE!!"
You screamed and jumped in after him .

Under the dark silent waters you looked for ace . Being a water wizard you could merge with water or breath under water .
" Ace...."
You whispered . Suddenly you detected him up ahead and swum to him . You grabbed onto him and he was barely conscious . He looked at you and smiled a bit .
" Im sorry but I have to do this in order to save you"
You muttered as his eyes closed and you slammed your lips against his , giving him air . His eyes shot open as a trace of pink was seen on his face .
" Mizu no mahō, baburu !!!"
You said as two bubbles started forming and soon became one , surrounding you and ace .

You set in the water looking at the dim light shining down the dark seas .
" Thank *cough* you for *cough* saving me"
Ace said as he tried to get up .
" Easy there ! You're still weak . Rest it up while you can ."
You said putting a hand on his back and rubbing small circles .
" Im.... sorry about what I did . Doing this spell needed some time but you needed air ASAP . Forgive me"
You said bowing your head . You heard a chuckle .
" Well as you stole my first kiss like that , I cant forgive you so easily"
He said . You blushed .
'H-his first kiss!!'
You thought .
" Unless well..... I steal your first kiss ! Then we will be even"
He said and grabbed your chin making you face him as he ever so slowly closed the distance between you . Studying your reactions .
You closed your eyes as his lips touched yours . The kiss was hesitant at first but once you kissed back he gained confidence , kissing you so gently . He broke away blushing a bit .
" Happy now ?"
You said blushing like a tomato . He chuckled and nodded , pulling you in a hug .
" I always wanted to tell this , and I wanted it to be in a romantic way , something that suits you . But damn , life just has to prove me wrong"
He said and made you face him again.
" I love you"
He whispered in your ear and you blushed .
" I.... I love you too"
You whispered back and he smiled . He was afraid of your response . You smiled and kissed him again , warping your hands around his neck .
" we will be staying here until the storm is over"
" I wouldn't mind staying here , as long as im with you..."
He replied and you two cuddled until the storm was over....

" (y.n) newgate , will you become my pirate queen ?"

♡♡♡♡
Im sorry if it wasnt any good . I'm not very familiar with ace so writing him is difficult .
If you have any requests , please comment on the request board ^^
Ill try my best writing them :)

〰Donquixote_Joker 👿