Seventeen

He grabs the sweater, knotted around my waist and helps my arms and body get into it, giving a sleeve at a time. He smirks a little before placing the hoodie on my head and doing the same with his hoodie. I place my purse next to my hip and take a slow deep breath as the elevator doors start opening. Grayson doesn't grab my hand and I frown at first but when the lights start flashing like a photo booth inside the hotel entrance I realise why and shut up. I follow him towards the other end of the room, placing my two hands on my hoodie making it cover my face more as my hair drops on my face.

"Cmon" he says opening the staffs room door whilst a few girls shout out his name and others ask my name.
I roll my eyes at the different rumours I'm gonna wake up to tomorrow making my stomach squeeze as I stress out. Once the staff door clicks and silence invades the long and narrow hallway he looks at me, his breath increasing its speed and grabs my hand. He looks at our two hands joint and looks back to the corridor walking quickly down the soft carpet.

Once at the end of the hallway we both look up at the green sign lighting a little the dark end and I harshly push in the handle, revealing the two black SUVs, just like my fathers description. Through the tinted windows I see my dad point at the car just behind them making me stop and walk to the other car, Grayson following me quickly.

I lazily open the cars door and Ethan's eyes appear abruptly staring at the two of us. I look away quietly and slide next to him in the middle, Grayson does so to but sits next to me. In the car it's just us, the parents are all in the other car. Once the other car starts moving our follows and we end up in a lonely New York street, just some little cafes and a few people are walking down this street. The car goes straight down on the fifth avenue where I spot our crowded hotel and a few girls turning around to the black SUVs passing.

"Maybe they realised" I murmur and Ethan nods quietly giving a last glance at the crowd. I sigh quietly and look at the driver "where are we going today?" I ask ignoring the two Bobs behind me.

"MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art" he says plainly looking at the people walking down the zebra crossing. My eyes widen in excitement and I smile widely looking at Grayson with the same smile.

"I've been waiting for this moment all my life!" I squeal, Grayson seems very happy too.
"What's your favourite painting?" He asks giving a glance at Ethan who is staring out of the window.
"I think it's Starry Night by Van Gogh" I say with a smile

"Mine too Mandy!" He says with the softest look, taking my hand ignoring Ethan's eyes on us

"Mine too Mandy!" He says with the softest look, taking my hand ignoring Ethan's eyes on us. I smile feeling the awkwardness of the situation and slowly leaving his hand and putting back mine on my lap.

"What about you Ethan? What's your favorite painting?" I ask ignoring Grayson's questioning looks and giving Ethan a soft smile. He slowly turns around giving me a sad look and just shrugs.
"I dunno art is not really my subject" he says and turns around to the window "even though I can describe your body angle by angle and shade by shade just like a masterpiece" he says nearly in a whisper but loud enough for me to hear. My eyes widen and I blush slightly turning back to Grayson who's looking outside, ignoring our conversation.

I look back at Ethan, he's looking at me with a sorry look in his eyes, he quickly looks at Grayson and then back at me. He sighs, shrugs and looks back outside leaving me staring at the view from the windscreen.

The driver stops in front of a building that has written in giant letters on its side MoMA I smile widely and glance at Grayson who's taking a picture of the sign. We all follow our dad who shows a guard the VIP tickets he had bought a month ago and within seconds we pass the one hour line everyone else had to deal with. I feel bad whilst walking by them when they give us all means looks but I try to look away and remember the fact that I'm walking on the floors of my favorite museum.

We take a few stairs who reveal the first floor of the building. I smile widely as pop art appears and the enormous Marilyn Monroe by Andy Warhol catches my eye making me jog a little to it. The two twins follow me and I stare at all the colors I have in front of me and that famous face.

"I've never really liked Andy Warhol" Grayson says taking a look at the bright colors. I put a hand over my heart and gasp dramatically making him and Ethan giggle, I smile in success seeing them making peace slowly and slowly.
"How dare you!?" I say with an outraged voice he giggles and walks to the next frame a few meters away from this one.

"What about you E? Do you like pop art?" I ask turning my head to him and back at Marilyn.
He shrugs slowly giving it another glance and then glancing at me.
"I prefer this masterpiece" he says pointing at me "in a room full of art I'd still stare at you Mandy. I know it's cliché and it may be a quote from tumblr I picked up before coming here," he says giggling slightly with a small smile "but I can't help falling for you, I've tried getting over you for my brothers sake and because you like him, but I just can't"

"I can understand Ethan, if I were in your position I'd feel the same." I say looking back at him.
"I know I may not be as intelligent and culturally interested like my brother but I can be funny sometimes" he says with a slight smile.
I smile widely giving him a reassuring look, he looks at me waiting for an answer and I contemplate his face for a few seconds.

"Ethan can we talk about this another time? I'm so sick of all this fuss it's ruining our trip." I say calling Grayson to join us "I wanted to tell you both that I won't be making any decisions for at least the end of this trip, I want to enjoy myself and I want you guys to enjoy yourselves too. So let's just forget it all" I say to the boys with a smile before walking away.

They follow me to the next room after a scroll through the one we were in before. As I enter the second room I notice a crowd around a wall and I run to it, feeling my heart beat faster.

I push rudely into the crowd and get pushed in the front row. My feet are at the limit of the line drawn on the wooden floor, I slowly look up and see it. Starry Night appears with its blue and yellow colors and that movement illusion. I feel Grayson's hand on my shoulder and we both stare at it, breath taken by the hypnotizing clouds and sky.