Prologue.

Daniel & Cassie top row.
Justin, Quincy, Christian and Karin bottom row.

Remember, it's just a BOOK. Everything isn't gonna go the way you want it to. Toodles. 🤣

Don't forget to Like & Comment. Y'all be acting scared.🥴

Karin Mendez

I got up brushed my teeth, washed my face and placed on my outfit for the school day. I settled on something basic for today which consisted of a orange forever 21 shirt, some ripped jeans and sandals. I wasn't going to school to impress anybody but my GPA.

I flat ironed my hair quickly then grabbed my bag before I headed downstairs as the aroma of food hit my nose. My stomach growled just in time.

My two feet touched the kitchen tiles as I looked on the stove and saw what my mother was warming up. She turned around smiling and handed me a plate. I grabbed it and sat at the bar table and began feasting on it.

"Are you excited for your first day of high school?" She said wiping her hands on the dish towel.

"Ma I stopped being excited for school after first grade when I knew had to wake up early everyday." I spoke after I swallowed my food.

"Well this is it. This is your last year before you go to college. Aww my baby is growing up." She said placing her hand over her heart.

"Ma stop. You're making me feel bad." I pouted thinking about leaving my mother.

"Okay I'm sorry. Eat up so you won't be late on your first day. I don't need to go to that school and beat somebody the fuck up." I laughed shoving bacon in my mouth.

It was true that I was a Mommas girl. With me being the only child she spoiled me in every where and so did my father at one time. When they got a divorce he made me angry because I had to choose between the both of my parents and obviously I picked my mom.

This was my world.

"Do you have to work today?" She shook her head no.

"Well good because I'm taking your car. I don't feel like catching the bus."

"That's fine. Don't wreck my car either Karin, I'm not playing." I laughed and grabbed the car keys.

"I'm not and don't forget to take your medicine mama." She nodded before snapping as if I reminded her.

"I will, thank you."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

Little did Karin know that'll be the last time she heard from her mother.

*