19.

Karin Mendez

I sat there shocked at the words that just left his mouth. My first instinct was to run and hide but that wasn't gonna work so I sat in my seat. I'm trying to figure out how he found out and who told him but that was obvious.

I scanned his face to read his facial expression but it was blank. I really couldn't tell what he was thinking because he just stared at me. He had that unbothered look. I'm not sure.

I was waiting for somebody, anybody to come downstairs and stop the tension

I was waiting for somebody, anybody to come downstairs and stop the tension. The tension was so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife. That's what made me more and more scared. I had no idea what was about to come out of his mouth.

I had been keeping this secret that he's been questioning me about for so long. Now he found out. At this point I'm like fuck it. He already knows so there's no use to be lying anymore. If he doesn't like that I'm dating Chad he's gonna have to cry me a river.

He cleared his throat and moved his head breaking me out of my thoughts. I gave him a small smile before twirling my fork against the noodles.

"So you're speechless now, sister. Am I wrong or am I right?" He said spinning his phone on the table.

"You're right." I said nonchalantly eating my noodles.

"You just don't give a fuck huh? Give me one reason why I shouldn't superman punch your ass right now." He said placing his fist under his chin.

"Because you're overreacting." I rolled my eyes and he raised his eyebrows.

"How the fuck am I overreacting Karin?" He yelled making me jump but I played it off by scraping the noodles out of my bowl.

Good save.

"Because you're acting like Chad is all for you. I understand he's your best friend but damn Chris you're supposed to trust him. If you trust him, you're supposed to be happy that he's dating your sister." I said sitting down in the seat again.

"If he hurt you then what the hell are you gonna do? What do you expect me to do? That's between a rock and a hard place. You could be wrong and he could be right. Vice versa ass bullshit."

"Blood over everything right? Whatever him and I are going through doesn't concern you unless it's serious. I'm not too fond of him right now and who's side are you on?" I asked.

"Nobody's."

"Exactly. I know you know more about Chad then I do and you're trying to help me but I'm good. If I ever need anything to talk to you about I'll come to you." I commented watching his phone light up.

He leaned back in the seat and sighed running his hands down his face.

"Aight man. I ain't mad at cha. You could date the nigga but if he does some shit I don't like, tell me." I nodded my head smiling.

"You're the best."

"But there's some rules." He started off as I rolled my eyes before groaning.

"Here we go. What are you tryna say Chris?" I said playing with my manicured nails.

"No fucking until you're married." I bit my lip and sucked my teeth.

"Man you're about to be disappointed." I sighed as he widened his eyes.

"Don't fucking play with me Karin. Matter of fact that's it, it's canceled." I laughed throwing my head back.

"Boy you get on my nerves."

"Now that- that's clear you mind if I talk to your friend Justice?"

"Aw you like her?" I cooed watching him look around the room.

"I mean I ain't diggin shawty but she cute or wh-"

"You could try to get at her Chris I wouldn't be mad. Unlike you." I mumbled the last words.

"Real funny." He squinted his eyes.

We sat in silence before we heard things being thrown around the room and the bed creaking upstairs.

"Pops tearing that ass up."

~.~
Filler chapter.