60.

Chad Jones

My legs kicked back and forth in the water as I sat by the pool

My legs kicked back and forth in the water as I sat by the pool. The blunt in my hand went in between my lips as I lit it up.

I inhaled before exhaling the smoke out of my nose. This was an stupid ass idea to smoke to say I had trial in 4 hours. I'm ready to get this shit over with. Half of me wished I would've walked away instead of almost killing her.

The other half of me is satisfied that I did that. I felt played and betrayed. I wanted to hurt her just like she hurt me. Which I did and that shit backfired on me.

Roger Goodell and the NFL originally suspended me for 2 games but once she posted her injuries they released me. I hope after this trial I could at least get my job back.

Karma is a hoe and I hate that bitch.

I squinted my eyes and glared in the kitchen to see what time it was. Luckily the digital clock was above the stove so I could see.

5:57AM. I smashed the blunt on the ground before getting up.

The sky was a purplish color so I knew the sun would be rising soon. My wrinkled pale feet walked into the house and locked the doors. I contemplated if I wanted to take a shower but that was planned for 3 hours.

I got under the covers laying my head on the pillow and went my ass to sleep.

*

"You ready bro?" Zyaire asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm just ready to get this shit over with." I sighed out before opening the double doors.

I spotted my lawyer and gave him a hug before sitting next to him. I looked around the court room and saw random people then Karin.

I huffed and rolled my eyes before wiping my sweaty palms on my suit pants.

"You got me right?" I asked Nicholas, my lawyer for this case.

"Of course, this is my job. Just relax I got this." He said patting my back and sitting back in his seat.

"God please be with me." I mumbled.

As soon as those words left my mouth the judge came out from the back. I ran my hands through my hair and stared at her going through her folder.

She asked, "Are all parties present?"

I looked at the other side and saw it was empty. Nicholas began to talk and the doors open, in coming Ayanna and her crew.

"Now they are." Nicholas blurted and she raised her head before nodding.

"This case is crazy and I can't believe we're here for this because I could be in my bed. This is what we'll do today since I'm nice. I'll allow both defenders to tell there story and we'll go from there." I shrugged my shoulders and Nick nodded.