2.

Karin Mendez

"Good morning baby girl

"Good morning baby girl." My dad greeted me sitting at the counter as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey." I mumbled looking around the big kitchen sitting down by Christian.

"Do you want some breakfast? Cassie cooked yours last since you was the last person up." He chuckled and I shrugged.

"That'll be fine. I couldn't sleep at all last night."

That was true. My mother was on my mind yesterday that I stayed up.

"I know you miss your mother and so do I. She wouldn't want you crying all the time. That was fucked up but let's just accept that God just accepted another angel." I smiled small nodding my head as Cassie sat plates in front of me.

Once I finished eating I grabbed my book bag and slung it over my shoulder. I looked down at my outfit and it modeled out a jean jacket, white crop top, black ripped jeans jeans, and space jam. It fit right for the weather.

Christian had on a black wife beater with a baseball shirt on top with his last night on the back with black True Religion jeans and Jordan's. He picked up his book bag before waving at me to follow him.

"Have a good day at school!" Daddy yelled out making me smile and Chris smiled even bigger.

"Thanks pops!" Chris yelled out almost walking out of the door, but stopped.

"I was talking to my baby girl Karin but you too Christian." He yelled back and I busted out laughing while Chris mugged me.

"See you later daddy." I closed the door behind me and hopped in Chris's car.

It was hot as hell outside and all I wanted to do was go inside and take an ice bath. Atlanta was known for hot ass weather that's why they needed more beaches.

After Christian drove us both to the school, he insisted on showing me where to go but I declined. Today was the first day of school and I was a little excited.

I was happy that I was a senior and I was leaving high school finally. Another reason was that I was away from the drama they had at my other school. Hood rats, wanna be down girls, pregnant girls, thugs were surrounded all over that school but I dealt with it.

"Bitch I know you saw my text." I felt a slap to my ass and I immediately turned around ready to curse somebody out.

"Lala don't do that. I was about to whoop your ass girl." I hugged her short figure before stepping back.

"I was looking for you. Lemme see your schedule." She opened and closes her hand gesturing for it.

"I don't understand this shit. I was just about to go to the office because I'm confused." She laughed before unfolding it and reading over it.