43.

Karin Mendez

"Oh hell no!"

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on hip. There stood his evil ass sister standing before us, looking like nothing but Satan himself. If Satan handed out applications for the perfect wife she would get the damn job because she's that evil.

"Raven don't start son. Move out the way so we could get in." Ron said trying to push past his sister but she stood there and blocked the door.

"You could come in but I don't know where she's going." She pointed towards me with a attitude and I chuckled.

"She has a name, so start using it." I butted in and she rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, I was doing this out of respect for you but since you wanna be Mrs. Bad bitch, come on in." Ron sighed before taking my hand and pushing by her.

She stood in that same spot so I made sure to bump her shoulder when I walked by.

"Ugly bitch." I heard her mutter which made me laugh out loud.

"Now that's how I know you're really mad. People get mad and say anything." I pointed at her before slapping the leg.

Any girl that calls me ugly has to be talking out of anger because look at me. They could call me anything in the book but ugly.

"Just ignore her Karin. Raven leave the girl along because we ain't come down her for that shit. Go upstairs and gossip to your friends or some shit. Cause you're not about to disrespect my girl." Ron said showing that he was clearly irritated.

She stood there with a mug on my face and I just sighed. I had no reason why this girl hated me and I didn't care. I was dating her older brother, not her so I didn't know why she was messing with my top.

She was 21 years old still staying with her parents. If she would get out my business she could get a job and make some money. Meanwhile her parents are still paying her bills.

"Wassup moms." Ron kissed his mother on the cheek after we put our bags down.

"Oh my when did you get here?" She said standing up to hug her son.

"A few minutes ago but your child was holding us up." He said pointing between us two and I nodded.

"I'm sorry about that poor girl. She didn't get everything she wanted in life and that's hard for her. But come here girl and give me some love." His mama said holding her arms out for a hug.

I reached out and and embraced her. She wrapped her arms around me and rocked us back and forth. Her touch was soft and she smelled like passion fruit.

"How are you?" I asked breaking away from her hold.

"Wonderful now that you guys are here but I've been doing fine. Just trying to stay strong and battle this that's all." She said and I nodded my head.

Ms. Rachelle was battling Stage 2 Cancer. Stage 2 cancer means that the cancer was growing in the breast. She told us about a month ago and Ron has been taking it well but she's been in our prayers. I hated to see somebody else's mother get taken away from them.

"It'll get better and you'll fight through it. I promise you." I smiled and she nodded agreeing with me.

"Have you been taking your medicine. Do you need anything?" Ron asked and she shook her head no.