10.

Karin Mendez

It was the weekend and I was sitting inside by myself. Quincy didn't live here, Christian was somewhere and Justin was with his friends. I'm lonely as hell in this big ass house and the littlest noises are scaring me. I wonder all the time if somebody was hiding in one of these many doors.

I tied my hair into a ponytail and started eating my hot Cheetos. Basketball Wives LA was playing on the television trying to break my boredom but nothing was working. I sighed out and laid back on the couch frustrated.

My mind fluttered at the thought of Lala making me sit up. I wanted to know why she's ignoring my calls and was missing school. I understand she's sick and missed school but she could've called and told me she's alright.

I grabbed my phone from the charger in the wall and looked for her contact name. Once I found it I pressed call and placed it on my ear. It rung and rung until it went to voicemail. I tried five more times and they all went to voicemail pissing me off all over again.

I checked on social media and checked to see if she posted anything but there wasn't anything. I replied to a few text and placed on some shoes that was sitting next to the sofa. They were big Nike slippers so I knew the belonged to one of the boys.

After getting into my dads Rover I headed over to Uncle Jayceons house in 10 minutes since it wasn't far away. I pulled up to see my uncle outside smoking watching the car pull forward.

 I pulled up to see my uncle outside smoking watching the car pull forward

"Hey uncle Jay." I smiled walking up to him as he engulfed me to a hug.

"Wassup youngin'? I didn't believe you was back so I had to see for myself. Damn you got thick." He said pushing my shoulder, "Who you fucking?"

This man was still crazy.

"Nobody." I said before laughing. I took this size from my mama and I was grateful.

"Oh alright you better not be. I'll bust a bap in somebody's ass over you." He said after blowing out smoke.

"You sound like my brothers. Anyways, what's wrong with your daughter?" I asked placing my hand on my hip.

"I don't know and I don't bare. She's in one of her damn moods again making me wanna beat her ass." I laughed shaking my head.

"Nah don't do that to her unc. She's too old for a whooping."

"Girl you're never too old to get your ass kicked. Better asked half of these niggas on the streets bout me." I rolled my eyes playfully smiling at my uncle.

"You're crazy."

"What blood?" He said turning his head and how badly I wanted to laugh I couldn't.