Chapter 5

Willow's POV:
After the incident about the party my mom found out and they both grounded me for a month but Nathan never told so I gave him five dollars like I promised I would. Ever since that night I snuck out to see Jason it's become a regular routine. I'm grounded so I always go see him really late at night, which seems like the only time I'll ever see him. Whenever we're at school it's completely different. He goes off with Hannah all day and could careless about me, but as soon as school is over he's asking me when I'm coming over. We've been doing this for two whole weeks now and it's a secret that only the two of us know about. But I don't know how much longer I can take seeing him with Hannah all day, so I've promised myself that tonight when I see him that I'm going to get answers and an explanation.
But as I'm leaving my room I almost decide to turn around and stay there. "When are they going to stop fighting?" Nathan says when I walk into his room. He's referring to mom and dad of course. Apparently he heard the same thing I heard as I was walking over here. "You and I both know they never stay mad at each other for very long." I say opening the window. "So by the end of the night they'll be fine." "Yeah. I guess so....." "Now," I say moving outside. "cover for me?" "Of course." He says walking over to close the window. I swiftly make it down to the ground and make my way to Jason's house.

Katniss' POV:
"I can't believe we're back in the same place we were years ago!" I say following Peeta downstairs. "Well I wasn't the one who brought it up." He says stopping in the living room and turning around to face me. "It was bothering me! What else was I supposed to do?" "I thought you were over it." "I was. Until you started talking about her." I say knowing he knows who I'm talking about. Madge and I are still friends but we're not as close as we used to be. I just don't trust her as much as I used to. "I only said one thing about her!" "One thing!? Peeta it was an entire paragraph!" "It was not an entire paragraph." He sighs. I look up at him and place my hand on his cheek. "Do you have feelings for her?" I say softly. "No." He says quickly. "I love you." "Good. I love you too so after I do this you'll know that I'm sorry." "What?" Before he can say anything else I punch him on his shoulder. "And why did I deserve that?" He says wrapping his arms around me. "Because you were being a jerk." "I was being a jerk?" "No.." I say wrapping my arms his neck. "But sometimes all I want is to hear you say I love you. It makes me feel better." "Well I love you." I smile and connect my lips with his. "We really need to talk about Willow." I say placing my head on his chest. "Yeah....she's been staying in her room a lot lately." "Peeta, we grounded her. Remember?" "I know but we grounded her from going anywhere not from coming out of her room." "Maybe she just wants to be alone." "Well I think we should talk to her." "Not right now. It's late. She's probably asleep. We'll just talk to her tomorrow." "Ok." He says kissing my forehead. "Peeta do you think she's still mad at us?" I say after a few minutes. "No. She might still be mad about being grounded but there's no way she's still mad at us." "Maybe your right but I still feel bad for grounding her." "Katniss," He says bringing my face up to his. "she's fine. Don't worry about it so much." "Ok." I say giving him a small smile. He gives me a quick kiss on my forehead before walking upstairs and I follow him.
*
*
*
Short....but you know more soon😘
Song-Broken Clocks by SZA