Chapter 15

Willow's POV:
"Lily!" I yell as she falls to the ground. Police officers rush in and handcuff Rye as I slide down next to her. "Lily please....." I cry. "Please Lily....say something!" "Willow, come on." My mom says picking me up off the ground. "We have to go." "No!" I yell as she drags me away. "Lily no!" I watch as they cover up her body and take her away.
I wake up in the hospital with my mom sitting next to me. "Hey...." She says noticing I'm awake. "What happened?" I say putting my hand to my head. "You kind of knocked yourself out but the doctor said everything should be okay. How are you feeling?" "I'm fine....where's dad?" "He's across the hall with Nathan. They think his wrist is broken." "Mom......is she really dead?" "Willow....." She says taking my hand. "I'm sorry." I close my eyes as tears slowly roll down my cheek. "Where's Jason and James and Aunt Prim and-" "It's okay. They're all here and they're fine." "When can I see them?" "Maybe later." "When can I go home?" "Soon. I promise." I sigh and roll over on my side. "What are you going to do about your hair?" She's says running her fingers through the short brown mess. I had almost forgot that Rye had basically chopped it all off....."I guess I have no other choice but to just let it grow out." "It's not that bad. You might have to give up braids for awhile but it'll grow back in no time." I smile and turn to face her. "You've never really had good things happen to your hair." "What do you mean?" "Well when you were really little James came over and he cut some of your hair out." She says with a small laugh. "Really?" I say laughing. "Yes! I was really upset about it too." "I'll have to remember to tell him that story." " You should but get some rest." She says placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "I'm going to go check on Nathan." I close my eyes as she walks out of the room. A few minutes later I open my eyes to see James walking in the room. "James..." I say wrapping my arms around him. I quickly let him go when he lets out a small cry of pain. "Sorry....." "No. It's fine." He says sitting down next to me. "I felt way worse a couple of hours ago." "Well how are you feeling?" "Now if I said I was fine I'd be lieing to you but if I said I was bad I would also be lieing to you." "Then just tell me the truth." "To be completely honest I don't know how I feel ever since...." He doesn't even have to finish what he's saying for me to know he's talking about Lily. "I miss her too...." "I just wish I could see her again." "James, I'm sorry. I know how much you really liked her and it's all my fault she died. I let him kill her....it should've been me....." "Don't say that....." "She was my best friend and I just let her die! I should be the one dead!" "Willow, it's not your fault. Stop saying that!" By then we're both in tears with nothing else to say. "Willow please don't think it's your fault...." He says giving me another hug. "I know you feel bad but blaming yourself isn't going to help." I wipe the tears from my eyes and lay my head on his shoulder. "What are we going to do?" I sigh.

"It's cute." Jason says running his fingers through my hair. "No it's not." I say laying next to him in his hospital bed. "It's what he left for me to remember him by." "Forget about him. He's in the past." "But it still feels like he's here...." "Stop worrying...it's over." "I know. I'm sorry." "So when do you go home?" "Today. After Nathan gets his cast we're free to go." "I don't leave until tomorrow." "James doesn't leave until tomorrow too. He'll be here to keep you company." "As soon as I get out of here I'm coming to see you. Ok?" "Ok....But I need to spend time with James too. We're both pretty hurt just thinking about what happened to Lily." "I know. I feel really bad...." "I think James feels the worst out of the three us. Lily was his girlfriend." "Of course. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." He says kissing my cheek. "Ready to go?" My mom says opening the door. "Yeah..." "It's going to be ok." Jason whispers to me. "I know but how long is it going to take for the pain to go away?"
When I get home I go straight up to my room but then I hear a knock on my door. I open the door to find James standing there. "What are you doing here?" I say hugging him. "I thought you weren't supposed to be released until tomorrow?" "I wasn't." He says sitting down on my bed. "But I was doing better than they thought so they let me go." "Good." I say sitting next to him. "I like what you've done to your room." "What's new about my room? It's always been this way." "Has it really been that long since I've been up here?" "I guess so..." "I remember when you and Lily used to invite me over but wouldn't let me come in here." I laugh. "It was supposed to be an all girls club!" "Then why was I always invited over?" "Well Lily did like you remember?" "Yeah..." He says with a smile on his face. "To be completely honest all we talked about was you." "Really?" "Let me rephrase that....all Lily talked about was you." He laughs and lays back on my bed. "I don't know if anything will ever be the same." "Things will certainly be different but she'll never be forgotten." "She was everything to me...." "James...." "if only I could have another chance..." "James, remember what you told me. Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault." "I could've saved her I-" "James stop..." "She would still be alive if I'd only-" Before I know what I'm doing I kiss him which surprises not only him but me too. "Willow why did you-" "Before the other day you used to always smile. I'm tired of seeing you hurt....I'm tired of seeing us hurt. I just want you to smile again. We both loved Lily as a best friend and a girlfriend. She wouldn't want us to be like this." "She probably wouldn't have wanted you to kiss me either." "I know but I had no idea that I was going to do that...I couldn't stand listening to your painful words and-" This time he kisses me and I don't know what to do. "I thought Lily didn't want us to kiss each other." "She doesn't but when you did kiss me....I felt like I had to do it again." He says before leaving the room.
What has happened to us?
*
*
*
Song-Good People by Jussie Smollett and Yazz (From a TV showed called Empire)