Chapter 14

Katniss' POV:
"It's been three weeks." I say when Peeta comes in our room to check on me. For the last three weeks Madge, Gale, Finnick, Annie, and Johanna have been over our house. We're all in the same situation. I probably should be downstairs with them but I'm up in my room trying to get away and block everything out. "I know." He says laying down next to me on the bed. "But we're going to find them." "Peeta how do you know? Prim went missing a year ago and she still is. How am I supposed to just sit here and wait for answers? I can't go through this again!" He pulls me closer to him and kisses my forehead. I lay my head in the middle of his chest and let out all the tears I didn't realize I was holding back. "It's going to be ok. I promise." He whispers. I honestly want to believe him but part of me thinks he may be completely wrong.
Peeta talks me into coming downstairs so I braid my messy hair before following him. Everyone downstairs is asleep except for Finnick. "Where's Johanna?" I ask after realizing she's not here. "She left." Finnick says. "She said that she doesn't care anymore and she's sick of waiting." "I'm not surprised. That's typical Johanna." "It is but I agree with her. I'm sick of just sitting here doing nothing. There has to be something we can do." "Don't you think if there was something we could do I would be doing it?" "Well kitty kat the only thing I've seen you do is lock yourself in your room away from everybody else." "I don't know what to do and that's not my fault!" "Kat, you have to remember that you're not the only one hurting." "So what do you want to do? Go take over the investigation by searching the entire town?" "It's an idea." "I don't have time to listen to your shit Finnick. This is exactly why I've been up in my room." I say turning towards the stairs but Peeta grabs my arm. "Stay." "No. I don't have to and I don't want to." "Katniss....." "I just want to be alone." I say walking away from him. Once again I go back into my room but this time I lock the door behind me.
First my sister, now my own son and daughter. What has my life come to?
The next morning I wake up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. "Go away!" I yell not caring who it could be. "Katniss open up." I hear Finnick say. "It's important." "Are you hear with more bullshit?" I ask swinging the door open. "I'm not. A couple of us are going down to the police station to get an update and we were wondering if you wanted to go." "I'll pass." I say trying to close the door but he stops it with his foot. "Come on Kat. Are you going to stay up in this room forever?" "If it'll make you happy I'll go downstairs but I'm not leaving this house." "No one said you had to." He says as I follow him downstairs. "Is there a reason why you're being such a jerk to me?" "I'm not. You're just overreacting."
"Are you ok?" Madge ask giving me a hug. "I'm fine." "Me, Finnick, and Gale are going down to the police station." Annie says. "Do you wanna come?" "I'll stay here. Hopefully you'll bring back good news." "I hope so. We'll see you later." She says before walking outside.
"I'm glad to see you out of your room." Madge says as we sit down at the kitchen table. "Finnick kind of made me but he's acting like an ass." "Well you have to remember that not only are your children missing all of ours are too and he's just dealing with the pain." "What?" "He's hurting and he's dealing with the pain, just like you are. You deal with it by staying away and he deals with it by being rude or mean." "And I'm just supposed to deal with him acting like this?" "Yes but just until all of this is over." "So how's everyone else handling it?" "Well Gale is neutral, I'm pretty sure I've had more caffeine than the average person should have, Annie stays optimistic and keeps to herself....." "And Peeta?" "I'm not sure. It's hard for me to tell. He's usually worrying about you. If he's hurting he's hiding it or he's given up." "Where is he? I haven't seen him since I've been down here." "He's upstairs getting some sleep. He's been awake for days." "Upstairs?" I say standing up."Yeah. He didn't want to bother you so he's probably in one of the other rooms."
When I get upstairs I find him in Nathan's room fast asleep. There's several paintings around the room that I can tell have just been done recently. Madge was right but she was also wrong. Peeta has been worrying about me but he's also been painting. They're beautiful but for each one he used one color and one color only. Some are blue, some are green, others are orange but most are black. I stare at them for awhile before laying down next to him. I place a soft kiss on his cheek and move in closer to him before closing my eyes.

Willow's POV:
So maybe our "plan" didn't work out how we wanted it to....we tried it and it worked for awhile but then it all came crashing down.
We've been stuck here for five weeks now and we're losing our minds! He found out what we were up to a couple of days after we got here. He didn't kill any of us but he brought us back with something to remember him by....well except me. I haven't left this room once since I've been here. He's talked to everyone but me. I'm glad he hasn't but it's really weird.....
Nathan has a black eye, Lily has short blonde hair instead of long, James has bruises, and Jason has cuts covering both of his arms, yet he doesn't bother with me....why? Apparently when he has all of the information he needs from you he puts you in the room with my Aunt Prim. Lily, so far, is the only one who has been put over there. If we don't get out of here soon I might just figure out a way to kill myself.......
"Willow," Jason says. "are you ok?" "How can I be ok if I'm in here?" "You know what I mean...." "I know....I'm sorry. I'm just tired of being here." "We all are." "I just wish-" "This time it's you." Rye says walking into the room and pointing to me.
"What do you want from me?" I ask when we're in another room. "Nothing." He says sitting across from. "I don't have a single question for you....all I want is for you to be dead." "But why?" "Isn't it obvious? You're Peeta's precious little girl. Why wouldn't I want you dead?" "Fine. Kill me. I'd much rather be dead right now than to be left here with you." "Calm down! I'm not going to kill you that easily. First I have to deal with your Aunt." "What!?" "She's the closest I have to your mom so I have to get rid of her." "No! Don't! Take me! I already told you that I don't care if I die." "But that doesn't matter to me." "Please. Just leave her alone......" "In less than twenty four hours I'll finally be out of this town again and you'll be wishing you never met me." "You're such an asshole!" Before I know it he slaps me across my face and grabs a pair of scissors. Well at least I don't have to worry about braiding my hair anymore......

Nathan's POV:
"Nathan!" I hear someone yell. I look up to see my mom, followed by Annie and Madge, coming through the door. "Mom?" "What happened to your eye!?" "Mom I-" "Forget about it. Let's just get you out of here." She says taking care of the rope. "Mom have you found Willow?" "No. Where is she?" "She's with Rye. They've been gone for hours." "Do you know where they are? We have to-" "Katniss," my dad says coming into the room. "it's Prim. She wants to see you." "Nathan, help untie Jason and James. Come find me when you're done." She says before walking out of the room. "Jason, you know we have to go look for Willow." I say as I help Madge untie him. "I know. Let's go." He says jumping out of the chair.

Katniss' POV:
"Prim!" I say hugging her. "Katniss!" She says with tears streaming down her face. "He killed him.....he killed him." "What!? What are you talking about?" "He killed Rory....." "Who Prim? Who killed Rory?" "Rye. Peeta's brother, Rye." "I thought he left town." I say turning towards Peeta. "I don't know Katniss....I haven't talked to him in years." "Mom!" Nathan yells. "We found Willow!" "Where is she?" I say running towards his voice. "She's in here but the door is locked." "Willow!" I yell. Banging on the door. "Mom!" "Willow are you ok!?" "Help me!" "Peeta help me with the door!" Together we manage to get the door open. Over towards the back of the room Rye has his arm around Willow with a gun pointed to her head. "Help!" She cries trying to get loose of his grip. "Stop! Don't do this!" I say slowly moving towards them. "Rye you don't have to do this...." Peeta says. "Yes. I do! And you know I do!" "Peeta what is he talking about?" "Nothing...." "Peeta, tell me...." "It wasn't my fault that they died and you know that!" Peeta says. "What?" "I see you haven't changed a bit Peeta." Rye says. "I can't believe you didn't tell your wife." "Why should I have told her? It had nothing to do with her or me!" "Just tell me now!" I say. "A couple of years ago Rye's wife and daughter were in a car accident. I rushed them to the hospital but....it was too late." "You let them die!" Rye yells with angry tears coming out of eyes. "Rye I'm sorry but you know that there was nothing I could've done to stop it from happening." "It's all your fault!" "Rye...." "Now it's my turn...." "Willow!" Lily says running over to her. "Lily stop!" Madge says grabbing her arm just as he pulls the trigger.
~
~
~
And the gun goes off....🔫*boom💣BOOM*
gun shots are heard🔫
Ok I'm done being stupid😂😅
Song-No Rest For The Wicked by Lykke Li