Chapter 13

Willow's POV:
It's been a year. Jason and I have been together for a complete year but that also means my Aunt Prim has been missing for a year too. We never found out who was in the woods with us that night and nothing else weird happened so we just decide to forget about it. No one has heard anything about Aunt Prim....not even the police can find any evidence of where she could be. The only thing that everyone knows for sure is that she's with Rory because they both went missing at the same time. I just wish they could be found already so I can see her again.........
"All done." My mom says after finishing the braid in my hair. Whenever I want my hair in a braid I always let her or Lily do it because it looks messy if I do it myself. "Thanks mom." I say walking towards the door. "Tell Peeta it would be nice if he brought a batch of cheese buns home tonight." "How do you know I'm going to the bakery?" "Because you've been going everyday after school." She's right. Jason works with my dad everyday after school so when it's almost time for his shift to be over I go see him. "What if I decided to go somewhere else today?" "But you're not. You're going to the bakery." "Fine. I'll tell him." "Thank you."
When I get to the bakery Jason is taking someone's order so I go to the back. "Hey dad." "Hey Willow." He says putting a pan in the oven. "Mom wants cheese buns." "Of course she does." "Ms.Smith is here to pick up her cupcakes." Jason says joining us. I take the container of cupcakes from my dad and follow behind Jason. I hand the lady her cupcakes and wait as he finishes the order. "Everyday you come in here and wait for me." He says picking me up and setting me on the counter. "Why?" "Because I have nothing else to do." "Really? You have nothing to do on a Friday afternoon?" "Nope." "Don't you and Lily usually do something on Fridays?" "We do but she's with James tonight." "Then how about you come over to my house tonight." He whispers. "Now that sounds tempting." I say smiling. He connects his lips with mine and I run my fingers through his hair. "Clean up before you leave Mr.Mason." My dad says interrupting us. "Yes Sir." He says slowly moving away from me as I hop off the counter. "Wait for me." He says leaving a kiss on my forehead before walking to the back. I smile and make my way outside. I stand and wait as the slight breeze blows on my face. I jump when I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist and kiss my cheek. "Ready?" He says taking my hand. I nod my head and walk with him to his car.
When we get to his house there's a basket full of candy and flowers on his doorstep. "It's probably something for my mom." He says picking it up and taking it inside. "People just randomly send your mom presents all the time?" "Pretty much." "I think this is for you." I say reading the card attached. "It is?" "Yes. It looks like some college sent it to you." "Then I guess we have free candy to eat." He says taking a piece out of the basket. I laugh when he starts throwing skittles at me. "Stop it." "Why? Don't you want a skittle?" He says throwing another one at me but this time I catch it. "Ha!" I say putting it in my mouth. "I guess you think you won, right?" "Yes, because I did." I say eating another skittle. "Well you haven't." He says before chasing me upstairs. Halfway there he grabs me by my waist and carries me into his room. He sets me down on his bed before sitting next to me. "Do you love me?" He says turning to face me. "Of course I love you. Do you love me?" "Yes. I love you." "But why?" "But why what?" "Why do you love me? You could be with any other girl yet you chose me, why?" "Because you're different Willow. You're special to me." "Am I really?" "Yes, now why do you love me?" "Because you're nice and you always know how to make me smile." "I do?" "Yes. You do." I kiss him as he runs his fingers through my hair. "I have to go." I say leaning my head against his shoulder. "My mom is probably wondering where I am." "I'll see you tomorrow?" He says kissing my neck."Yes. Tomorrow." "Then I guess I'll just take you home." I smile and make my way downstairs.
"I don't feel too good." I hear Jason say. "What?" I ask turning around as he's falling on the ground. Before I can do anything everything goes black.
My eyes fly open and the first thing I see is my Aunt Prim, which makes me think for sure that it's just a dream. I try to run to her but I'm tied to a chair and can't move. I continue to try to escape until I hear Jason say something. "You're just going to make things worse." He says from across the room. He's also tied to a chair. "Don't worry it's just a dream." I say closing my eyes. "It's just a dream....." "I wish it was." "It is a dream, Jason. I'm going to wake up and everything is going to be fine. My Aunt Prim is still going to be missing and I'll be at home in my room." "Willow, it's not a dream. Open your eyes. We're the ones missing." "What do you mean we're the ones missing?" I ask Jason. "I mean that we've been kidnapped." "So that really is my Aunt Prim?" "Yes." "She's alive." I say softly. "But she doesn't look too good." "Can she hear me?" I ask looking over at her. She's in the room next to us but we're only separated by a glass wall. "I'm not sure. If not she can still see you." "How did we get here? The last thing I remember is that I was at your house." "Yes and we fainted that's all I remember." "How? Why?" "Weird isn't it." "Yes." "Willow, I have to tell you something." "What?" "We're not the only ones here." "I know. My Aunt Prim and Rory are here too." "No. I mean besides us." "Who's here?" "Nathan....and Lily and James." "But why!? And where's here!?" He just shakes his head and looks down. I decide to go through everything I know so far in my head.
My Aunt Prim and Rory have been missing for an entire year and are alive.
Jason and I fainted for some reason and now we're here with them along with Nathan, Lily, and James.
Neither of us know who brought us here or why we're here.
One thing I know for sure is that we have to escape. There's no way-
I'm interrupted by the door opening and in comes Nathan, Lily, and James being dragged in one by one by a person wearing a mask. Once he's done tying them down into chairs he takes off his mask. "Uncle Rye?" I say. "I'm glad you all got the gift I sent you." He says. "What gift?" "The basket. All of you ate the candy out of it which contained an ingredient that would temporarily knock you out." "But why?" Lily ask. "What do you want with us and what did you do with my little brother and sister!?" "I've been following all of you around for a year and every single one of you are associated with what has happened to me." "That was you that night in the woods." Jason says. "And it was." "How are we associated with you?" James asks. "Let's just say you can go home and thank your parents. They're the reason why you're here. If they're the reason why not have them here instead of you, right? Well they've been through this type of stuff already, they would know when something weird is going on so I might as well torture the next generation." "My dad was right about you!" I say. "You're crazy!" "Keep in mind that's why you're here. Ever since he was born he made my life a living hell! Now it's my turn." "I don't see the point!" Nathan says. "Both of their moms" he says pointing to Lily and James. "made everyone in the town think I was some kind of murderer which made no one want to hire me for a job and once I got a business of my own his dad" he says turning towards Jason. "took over my company." "How long do you expect for us to stay here before someone comes looking for us?" Nathan asks. "Well your Aunt has survived a year here so I'm sure you can too." "Wait only my Aunt?" I ask. "Yeah her fiancé didn't seem to like it here too much so he's been long gone." "You mean-" "He's dead, yes. In order to stay alive all you have to do answer all of my questions and do what I say. Something he chose not to follow. I will always provide you with food and water because in order to get what I want I need you alive." "You sick person....." I say tears sliding down my cheek. "We'll start the first round of questions soon. I wonder who our first contestant will be....." He says before leaving the room.
"What are we supposed to do!?" Lily asks as soon as he's gone. "We do what he says." Jason says. "It's the only way we'll be able to stay alive." "So we're just supposed to give him exactly what he wants?" James says. "What else are we supposed to do?" "I agree," I say. "we should answer his questions and do what he says but with a smart answer or with another question." "Would that actually work?" Nathan asks. "I don't know but it's the only way of answering his questions without giving him too much information." "What about my sisters and Lily's brother and sister?" "I'm pretty sure they're fine. He said that he wasn't going to hurt us as long as we followed what he said so if they do the same they will be fine. But I doubt he's going to use them for anything." We're quiet for awhile until the door opens again. "You're up first." He says pointing to Nathan. "Willow, I can't do this." Nathan says looking at me and for the first time ever I see fear and tears in his eyes. "Just remember what we said." I whisper to him. He closes his eyes and slowly shakes his head as he leaves the room. It would hurt me more than anything to see my brother get hurt when I know I could do something to stop it from happening.
*
*
*
Song-River Lea by Adele