Chapter 9

Willow's POV:
Two days. It's been two days. It's been two days and Jason still hasn't said anything to Hannah.
I saw him Monday like he said I would but nothing has changed. Today is Wednesday and I plan on saying something to him.
I finish my usual morning routine before going downstairs to eat breakfast. Since Lily is gone I meet James at his house and we walk to school together. Of course he knew she was going to be gone but not me, her best friend. I told James about this and he was actually surprised she didn't tell me. I still haven't talked to her but she can't give me the silent treatment forever, right? I guess I'll find out in another week when she gets back. When we get to school James goes off to his locker and I go off to mine but not to put books in it, only to see if I can catch up with Jason. Sadly he never shows so I have to rush to class before the bell rings.
When it's time for lunch I stop by my locker once again and when he doesn't show I decide I'm just going to talk to him after school but before I can even my make my way towards the lunchroom I'm stopped by Hannah and her group of friends. "You did this!" She says. "You did this to me!" "I don't know what you're talking about" I say. "but if it's about your makeup I suggest wearing less." I say trying to walk away but she stops me. "Don't act stupid. You know exactly what you did!" "Hannah I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure you're just overreacting." "Jason broke up with me and it's all your fault!" So maybe that's why I haven't seen him, he's been busy. "Look, Hannah I'm sorry Jason broke up with you but I don't think I had anything to do with it." "Whatever, you're nothing but a bitch anyway." She says shoving pass me. Before I can calm myself down my anger takes over me and I attack her. Her friends try to pull me off of her but I'm already punching and clawing at her face. I don't stop until I feel someone's arms pulling me away from her. "Ms.Mellark, Ms.Moore" Our principal Mr.Jackson says."In my office now." I release myself of his grip and follow behind him with my arms crossed.
I sit down in one of the chairs outside his office while Hannah talks to him. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone walking towards me and I turn around to see it's Jason. "Jason, what are you doing here?" I ask as he sits down next to me. "I should be asking you the same question." "Well I asked you first." "Ok well I get sent here everyday." "Everyday?" "Yeah. My English teacher hates me. She sent me out." "But fourth period just started five minutes ago." "That just shows you how easily I can piss her off." I laugh a little. "Now why are you here?" "Well I-" "Willow are you ok?" "Yeah I'm fine I-" "You're bleeding." I look down at my arm and I see blood dripping down to my finger tips. "Here." He says handing me a few paper towels. "Thanks." "What happened?" "I got into a fight with Hannah." "So I'm guessing she told you." "Yeah." "Willow, I'm sorry. I didn't know she would try to hurt you." "Actually I attacked her. This is just a small scratch. She looks way worse." "Was it really that bad?" Before I can answer, Hannah walks out along with Mr.Jackson. She gives me a mean glare as she walks away. "Mr.Mason." Mr.Jackson says referring to Jason. "Mr.Jackson." "The usual?" "Yes sir." "You're free to go, just remember to report to the usual routine of detention." "Will do Mr.Jackson." He says before standing up to leave. "Ms.Mellark, my office." I slowly stand up and walk inside his office. "Ms.Mellark," He says sitting down at his desk. "You have a great reputation, outstanding grades, and a bright and promising future. So why are you in my office today?" I stay silent. "This is your first time I would like to just let you go with a warning but unfortunately I have to suspend you." He says writing on a piece of paper. "Again since it's you're first time I have cut the original tens days out of school in half so you'll only be out for five but I don't expect to see you in here again." "Thank you Mr.Jackson." I say taking the paper from him. "I promise, you won't." "Willow" He says as I turn to leave. "I'm going to need you to call your parents." "But you just said you wanted to let me go with a warning." "But it was still a physical fight. I promise you we have contacted Ms.Moore's parents also." I let out a sigh and slowly make my way over to the phone. I can already hear my mom and dad's voice in my head.
"Willow I don't understand what's gotten into you." My mom says as we walk inside our house. "Mom it wasn't that big of a deal." "Getting suspended for starting a fight at school isn't a big deal? Try explaining that to your dad." "You're going to make me tell him?" "It's not a big deal,right?" She says making her way upstairs. "Mom, please don't make me tell him! He's been acting weird lately." "Weird?" "Yeah ever since I told him that Uncle Rye-" "Don't call him your Uncle." "But he's my Uncle, right?" "Yes but your dad doesn't want us to associate with him." "See. Now you're acting weird. What's so wrong with him?" "He's just not a good guy. Him and Peeta were fine as brothers when they were younger but when he got older he took the wrong path in life and moved out of town to get away from it. He has a bad reputation Willow and we don't want you getting hurt." "Fine. I'll stay away from him. He was only visiting anyway." "Good." "Does this mean I don't have to tell dad what happened?" "Oh you're still telling him." "Ugh....mom." "You'll be fine." "I'm fine now but I won't be later once he knows." "Of course you won't." She says sarcastically. I drag myself to my room to prepare myself for the event that's about to come.
*
*
*
Song-Django Jane by Janelle Monae