Prepare for Trouble- and Make it Double!

Shayla

After a small argument about what we should do, we all decided that it would be best to look around. Our means of transportation was destroyed (I still wasn't happy about that. What was I supposed to tell Leo?), so we'd need a way to get out of Monsterville.

We all stuck together, knowing that it wasn't a smart idea to split up in a place called 'Monsterville'. Sydney kept muttering under her breath that this place looked oddly like Yazoo City. Personally, I didn't think that this was a coincidence.

Since Monsterville was set up almost identically to her hometown, Sydney offered to show us to the nearest car dealership. Of course, we thought it would also be smart to see if we could find any fresh clothes to wear and a place to crash for tonight. After the long trip here and the attack from the pirates, it was an understatement to say that we were a bit worn out.

Unfortunately, after an hour of searching, the only thing on that list that we were able to find was a place to crash. There were plenty of places filled with clothes, but only in what I assumed was 'Monster Size'. In other words, all the clothes we managed to find were size XXXXXXXL.

When we reached the house, I was sent to knock on the door cautiously. After the chimera incident, everyone seemed to think that I was the best fit for the job.

I waited patiently for about a minute before deciding that nobody was home and knocking the front door off of its hinges. I ran inside and checked the whole house, and when I found nothing, I went back outside and signaled the others to come inside. They were all standing in front of the house with awestruck expressions when I got there, staring at the door that had fallen to the ground with disbelief. I rolled my eyes, and they followed me inside after helping me fix the door.

"Two bedrooms, two bathrooms. The beds must belong to something big, because I'm pretty sure we could fit the whole Hermes cabin into the two of them," I told them as we walked into the kitchen to look for food.

We checked in every cupboard, and there was nothing. No food. I was extremely hungry, and I didn't know how much longer I could go without food before I felt sick. Luckily, the tap in the kitchen sink was working, so I was rehydrated quickly.

"I can't even keep my bloody eyes open, guys. I'm going to bed," I mumbled sleepily. Courtney, Sydney, Jenny, and NC seemed to agree, because they all mumbled in unison and followed me out of the kitchen and towards the bedrooms.

NC turned right into a separate bedroom and wished us goodnight before we went into the other room. The four of us flopped onto the bed sleepily. Courtney and Jenny passed out almost immediately, leaving me and Sydney to stare at the ceiling.

"Hey, Sydney?" I asked softly, turning towards her. She rolled to face me, raising her eyebrows. I took this as a sign to continue.

"Do you think my Mum is okay? I mean, my Dad too, of course..." I fiddled with the blankets on the bed, avoiding her eye contact.

"Of course I do," she said, looking a bit concerned. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, it's just...I worry about her, that's all. My Mum, I mean. As long as I can remember, it's been just the two of us. Of course, not counting the last year or so when she was dating Courtney's dad and married him," I said carefully, still avoiding eye contact. "She's always been there for me, you know? Through everything. She always seemed to know when I had been bullied badly at school, because she would always bake me cookies." I chuckled softly.

"You were bullied back in England?" Sydney asked, looking a bit sad. I nodded.

"Since Year 1. Kindergarten, I mean," I replied, biting my lip.