Bob the Titan! Can He Kill it? Bob the Titan! Yes, He Can!

Sydney

"Bob!" Courtney and I yelled at the same time. Bob did a little backhand wave as he slashed through one of the Karopi.

"Wait, you guys know this Titan?" Jenny loaded another arrow and took aim.

"Well, sort of. Two Karopi coming from the left!" I rolled, slicing one's belly and watching it crumble into dust. Jenny stabbed the other through the chest, dissolving it to dust as well.

Bob was fighting the Chimeras, and the few Karopi that remained were fleeing.

I looked more closely at the Chimera. "Hey, don't we know that Chimera?"

"I don't know," Courtney shrugged.

"Isn't it the same one-"

"DEMIGODS! I WILL BURN YOU!" The dragon head on the chimera screeched before Bob grabbed it by the neck and pulled it back into the fight.

"Oh! It's that Chimera," Courtney grumbled.

"I'm still confused. How do you know this Titan?" Jenny looked between the two of us, trying to find an answer.

"Oh! You know the books? The ones about Percy? Yeah, Bob's in them," I explained.

The Chimera crumbled into dust and Bob turned back around while he wiped the dust off himself. He still had his crazy mad scientist hair, but he had his silver armor instead of a janitor outfit with Bob stitched on it. He still had his broom spear, which was strapped across his back. I also noticed that Bob was engraved in fancy lettering on his armor where it would be stitched on a uniform. I'm glad he took Percy's advice and chose to embrace both sides, Iapetus and Bob.

"Bob! Where's Small Bob? Is he still with you?" Courtney looked around, a little nervous. Right! She's allergic to cats.

"Small Bob is back at the house, come! We have quite a walk from here to there." Bob beckoned for us to follow him and started walking in what I assumed was a forward direction. You can't tell which way is which in Tartarus.

We started walking, falling in to step next to Bob. "So, Bob, what exactly happened to you after you fought Tartarus?"

Bob stopped. "Well, we fought, and before I got sucked into his face, he disappeared. I guess he couldn't hold that form for very long." Bob started walking again.

"Is Damasen still around?" I looked up at Bob's face, trying to gauge how upset he was.

"We are heading over to Damasen's right now. We live together now." Bob seemed to bounce at this, or maybe it was the downward slope that we'd started. I couldn't tell.

"Drakon, right!" Jenny yelled, drawing her bow and firing at the blood red Drakon running full speed at us.

Bob looked where Jenny had fired, pulled out his spear, and threw it at the Drakon, killing it instantly.

A ridiculous thought popped into my head from my childhood. Thinking it might help lighten the mood since Courtney and Jenny seemed close to an all out battle between each other, I started singing. "Bob the Titan! Can he kill it? Bob the Titan! Yes he can!"

Courtney stopped dead in her tracks. "How do you know what Bob the Builder is?" She looked genuinely surprised.

"What do you mean? I thought it was an American TV show." I looked at her now, confused.

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Typical Americans," she mumbled and continued to walk.

"So, Bob, when you say quite a walk, how far is it exactly? And where?" Jenny looked between the map and Bob, clearly wanting to know where we were going.

"Oh, not too far. It's at the swamps area." Bob looked down at Jenny and the map. "Nice map. Didn't know that children of Hades had access to these."

Jenny looked down at the maps. "Well, I wouldn't say that..."

"Deathbreath! You stole them?" I looked at her. I wasn't really surprised, but still appalled.

Jenny scowled. "I didn't steal them. I have full intentions of returning them after the mission is done."

"Wait a second," I looked over at Jenny deviously, "You had no idea we'd be going to Tartarus, and you had no time to get the maps."

She looked back and forth between me and Courtney, "Ugh, fine! I've had them for a while now. Nico showed me where they were."

We walked in silence for awhile, every once and awhile glancing at each other to make sure we hadn't lost anyone yet.

"How far again, Bob?" It felt like we had been walking for days (which down here wouldn't be a surprise).

"Almost there! Can't you hear Small Bob purring? And the feel in the air is a bit less toxic." Bob sniffed the air almost like he was smelling a flower.

Jenny still looked wary, so I gave an encouraging nod, trying to tell her that we could trust Bob. I suddenly remembered a question that I had when I first saw Bob. "Hey, Bob, how did you know where we were when we fell? And why are you helping us?"

"Well, that's simple. Nico sometimes sends messages down in bottles. I was going to check to see if there was a new message today, and there you three were."

"He still contacts you? And he didn't tell Percy and Annabeth that you were alive?" The next time I see Nico, I'm wringing his scrawny little neck!