Knight in Shining Tinfoil

I woke up in a daze. My arms were restricted because of the Saran Wrap that had been put around me and the chair. My first thought was this whole thing was too cliche for my liking. I winced at the pain of my throbbing head. That kid had literally gone half way past crazy. I tried wiggling to escape.

"Don't even try."

Adrian appeared in my line of vision. His sinister glare burned holes on my forehead. He twirled something around his finger but I couldn't tell because he was spinning it too fast. He stood in front of me and put his hands behind his back.

"What's wrong with you?" I snapped. Had he gone to a crazy house? "This isn't a game. Let me go."

In a flash his hands were around my neck. He felt no sympathy as his grip got tighter. In that moment I knew something was seriously wrong. As my breaths turned into complicated short wheezes, he brought his face close to mine. His teeth were gritted in frustration and his eyes look determined.

Determined to hurt me.

"I didn't say it was. Now shut the hell up and listen to me."

Even though I could barely breathe and my inside were screaming I still managed to keep up a straight stern face. Sometimes that was all I needed in order to straighten him up. No way was I going to let him intimidate me now. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"No you listen." I snapped. "Let go."

Adrian went for the back counter and that gave me a minute to catch my breath. I let out a few coughs before I could function properly. My heart started racing as he pulled out the sharpest kitchen knife in the rack. We waved it front of my face as pressed it against my nose.

"I make up the rules, I tell you what to do. Got it?"

Now I was intimidated.

I nodded. It was all I could do instead of screaming my head off. Which was what I seriously wanted to do. However, I liked living, so shutting up it is. Adrian took the knife off my face and sat down in the chair directly across from me.

"I never thought it would come to this." Adrian shook his head. "I thought you were on my side sis, I really did. I thought I could trust you."

Whether he knew it or not I was scared shitless. I had no clue what he was talking about. What did I do to lose his trust? It wasn't as if that mattered anyway, because I had better things to worry about. For example, I'm being restrained to a chair in a kitchen with a potential psychopath. Yeah I think that's going to stay at the top of my list for a while.

"Why..." I couldn't even find the right words. "Why are you doing this?"

He slammed his fist down on the table. I jumped as he paced back and forth, gripping locks of his hair. I watched as little strands fell to the ground ever so gracefully. As if it wasn't obvious already, something was mentally wrong with him.

"Because!"

Now I was growing a bit frustrated. "Because what?!"

"Because the blame is all on me and it's true!" He roared at my face. If my hands were free I could wipe the saliva that was on my face. "I did it!"

My body tense up at his last few words.

"No." I whimpered. "You didn't."

"It wasn't even my fault." He mumbled to himself. "They deserved it. They had it coming. I did it. I did it. I did it."

No he didn't. No. It wasn't possible.

"What happened Adrian?" I said in the softest voice I could manage. I was fearing for my life at the moment.