Chapter 3

Hold me and love me

Just want to touch you for a minute

Maybe three seconds is enough for my heart to quit it

Let's play a love game,

Play a love game

Do you want love or you want fame?

Are you in the game?

Dans le love game?

Chapter 3

Arricka and I walked through the kitchen and headed for the patio doors. we were going to take a little dip in the pool since both of us were desperate for some much needed relaxation.

"I can't wait to get into that nice, cold pool!" Arricka clapped. She was super happy today which made me a little skeptical about why she was suddenly so upbeat, but I kept my suspicions to myself.

"Yeah me too, it's burning up in this house." I dramatically replied.

Arricka pushed me since she was sensing my mockery, "I've been going through some stress lately alright? My roommate isn't the best person." We hadn't seen each other since our suitcase rummage and I didn't get a chance to ask her about her roommate. So I'm interested in knowing what he's like.

We walked through the patio doors and the sunlight hit my face immediately. I could already feel it baking my skin, "Who's your roommate?" I questioned.

"Umm..." she trailed off and then looked off to the side where Clay, Kristoff, and Osias were all laying out and talking like a bunch of women.

I had to contain my laughter when I saw Clay working on his tan. Guess he doesn't want to be "pasty."

"Ellie!" Kate squealed when she saw me walking out. Everyone turned to look at Riki and I and my cheeks instantly flushed. After last night's embarrassing scene, I've just been wanting to hide my face under a rock. Holt chuckled as he saw me. Holt was Caroline's husband and I waved at him as I neared closer. 

"Hi Kate, Holt."

Holt nodded at me and I felt Arricka come to my side. "Ari." Kate screeched as she saw Riki approach.

The little girl did a wonderful job with making all of your eardrums pop. But she was so adorable that everyone was willing to look the other way whenever she screamed out. And she looked so cute that it became hard to resist myself from hugging her and pinching her cheeks since she was wearing her floaties and was desperately trying to stay afloat in the water. Of course Holt was holding onto her most of the time, but they gave her arm floaties just in case.

"Do you want to play?" she giggled.

"I have to hang out with Ari, but maybe another time."

She pouted but turned back to her father, understanding.

"Alright, time to lay out in the sun, I've had enough hyper-induced toddlers for one day," Riki grumbled.

I just laughed and then we headed over to a couple of lounge chairs that were set up by the pool. This estate was amazing, I had to say. Not only was there a pool there was also a basketball, volleyball, and a tennis court. Not to mention the batting cages were located somewhere around here. Where, I was unsure of.

"So who is your roommate again?" I asked Riki as we laid out on the chairs, trying to get our skin to soak up the sun's rays.

She sighed and then put her sunglasses on, and shielded her face from the blazing sun with her hand, "Kristoff, that creep Kristoff."