Chapter 5

Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old.

***

Music's up

Listen hot stuff

I'm in love

With this song

So just hush

Baby shut up

Heard enough

Stop talking that

Blah blah blah

Think you'll be getting this

Nah nah nah

Not in the back of my

Car-ar-ar

If you keep talking that

Blah blah blah blah blah

Chapter 5

Brie scrambled to pick up her clothes from the floor and crawled out of the bed. The bed that happened to be mine. I was fuming with scorching-white hot anger, I was positive that there was steam coming out of my ears.

"Oh my god, I didn't mean to-" Brie started.

"Save it Brie, I'm sure Bret will be surprised when you tell him of your night."

She almost laughed in my face as she started putting on her clothes. "I'm not going to tell Bret."

Bret was her fiance who also happened to be a good friend of mine, he was almost like an older brother and although I was close to Brie as well, I couldn't withhold this kind of information from Bret.

"W-what?" I sputtered.

"I'm not telling Bret," she said finally before standing up straight in her plain t-shirt and jeans.

I heard a whistle from my side and just recognized that Axel was still there and taking in Brie's figure. I hit him in the stomach and then narrowed my eyes at Brie, "If you don't tell him in the matter of two days then I will, I'm not joking Brie."

She just shrugged and then headed for the door, the last thing I heard of her before she left was, "Girl code."

The door slammed behind her and I found myself sticking my tongue out at her retreating back.

Ugh! How could she be so dense? How could she use the most low-down law and code that I've ever heard in my life? Well I wasn't going to abide by her wishes, Bret was like a brother to me and I wasn't going to brush this off my shoulders and pretend as if it never happened.

"Well this seems to have been an interesting night." Clay coughed.

My anger continued to boil as I looked over at him. Naked, under my sheets. "Arrg." I growled and then stomped to his side of the bed, I grabbed hold of his ear while he squealed like a little girl. "Well BinkeyBar what have you gotten yourself into now?"

"BinkeyBar?" he questioned as I let go of his ear and pushed his head to the side. 

How could he do something so disgusting? Was all of this just to get under my skin? Did he not see the pure gold ring upon Brie's finger before he indulged in any sort of sexual contact with her? Bret was so gonna kick his ass for this. Uh huh, yeah I'm going to spill the beans!

"Yes, BinkeyBar, as in the granola bar for young kids with whole grain oats and ten grams of protein. The Binkeybars that you were the poster boy for when you were eleven months old. The BinkeyBars that show you with your bare butt out and your darling eyes facing the camera, those BinkeyBars."