Chapter 13 Pt. 1

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.

***

I won't tell anybody that you turn the world around

I won't tell anybody that your voice is my favorite sound

I won't tell anybody, Won't tell anybody

They wanna see us fall, they wanna see us fall down

I don't need a parachute, baby if I've got you

Baby if I've got you, I don't need a parachute

You're gonna catch me, You're gonna catch if I fall

Chapter 13

--Clay--

Osias and I stepped into the living room discussing my situation with Steph although she had taken 25,000 dollars from me I would only have to make up 20,000 if I win this bet with Thatcher which I'm hoping to win in the end. Although Osias was getting skeptical with this bet, if anything he wanted me to drop out of the bet since he isn't sure if I'll go through with it in the end.

 I jumped when I saw him sniffing me, "Why do you smell like laundry detergent?" he asked.

I sighed and pushed him away from me, the kid could be so strange, "I was obviously doing laundry Osi."

He shook his head and chuckled while popping a Cheeto Puff in his mouth, "That's exactly it, you don't really do laundry, so what had you doing it this time?" he asked me.

I shrugged.

But he kept giving me that deadpanned look and I knew that I would have to answer him eventually. I crossed my arms over my chest grumpily and replied with my voice barely audible over the squeals coming from the grand staircase that were most likely Elspeth and Riki.

I looked back at Osi who was still awaiting my answer and I sighed. Might as well get it over with, "I cleaned Elspeth's sheets and comforter and I got her a new silk blanket and turned her mattress." I explained.

I turned away from my best friend, not wanting to see the amused expression that I knew would have taken place on his face, but it was crucial that Elspeth not sleep with Axel any longer. I couldn't have her cuddling up to him when I'm trying to win her over myself. The sleeping arrangements had to be changed.

"Well maybe that will pull you ahead in the race." He simply replied although there was a joking tone to his voice that I didn't particularly appreciate.

But I brushed it off and then went to sit down in one of the couches, turning on the television as I did. I haven't been watching much television since I've been here, the Englend and Arden family are entertainment enough.

Osias sat down in the seat next to me and I chose this as my opportunity to ask him about Aricka. "So are you into Riki?" I asked him.

He blanched and then waved the matter away as if it wasn't anything at all, "Of course not, the girl's crazy."

"So is Elspeth." I added.

"But you like her." I nodded and settled into the leather cushion, resting my head on the back of the couch and closing my eyes. I needed some relaxation after all I the work I went through to clean Elspeth's bed. "So what does that mean for me?" Osias asked a little bit puzzled.

"That means that you could like Riki just as much as I like Elspeth even if they are both crazy." I explained.

"Oh..." he trailed and I knew that he was taking my advice into consideration but with Osi, one can never be sure if he is ever going to follow through with the advice that's been given to him.