Chapter 16

Love means not ever having to say you're sorry.

***

There'll be girls across the nation
That will eat this up babe
I know that it's your soul but could you bottle it up and
Get down to the heart of it,
No it's my heart you're shit out of your luck
Don't make me tell you again my love love love love.
Love love love love.

I am aiming to be somebody this somebody trusts
With her delicate soul
I don't claim to know much except soon as you start
To make room for the parts
That aren't you it gets harder to bloom in a garden of
Love love love love
Love Love love love

Chapter 16

I fidgeted my hands in my lap as I looked over at a nervous Clay. We had both been in the car for about ten minutes and the tension was thick in the air, whether it be sexual or not, it was hard to ignore. I let out a careful breath air when Clay turned on the radio as if to bring upon some comfort.

It was about an hour drive to the cake shop and then an hour drive back with an addition fifteen minutes since we'll have to drive super careful in regards to the cake. I still wasn't sure why the cake shop hadn't delivered the cake like most people have done, but something told me that they believe they're too good to deliver the cakes themselves.

After the dress rehearsal yesterday, Hollis had heard about some of my issues regarding Clay she wanted to call the shop and get them to deliver the cake, but unfortunately they were unable to make the delivery. Therefore me and Clay were still partners in crime, in this expedition to the wedding cake shop.

"S-so..." Clay said while slightly stammering.

I groaned and lightly thumped myself in the forehead, we were making no progress within our relationship and this tense atmosphere was getting to me, not to mention this dress was about as annoying as the rest of the car ride here. 

Clay kept side-glancing me, his eyes roaming down the fabric of my blue chiffon dress as if he was trying to will the dress to disappear into thin air. 

I sighed as I looked out of my window, watching the shops roll by. My face melted into an evil smile when that familiar ice cream shop passed. It was still hard to believe that I had ever held an interest in Axel. Although he hadn't gone off telling people that Clay had raped me like the little chicken I knew he was, it was still horrible for him to bring across the idea in the first place.

At least he wasn't completely following through with those master plans of his.

My ears perked when a familiar song sounded on the radio. My spirits immediately lifting as I began to hum the tune to the song. "La, la, la, la, la," I sang while dancing in my seat. "La, la, la, la, la."

"La, la, la, la, la. La, la, la, la, la. Girl I've been over the world looking for you-" I started singing.

"Oh God no." Clay whined.

I gave him my evil smirk and started singing again, not caring if the windows were rolled down and our neighbors could hear us, or that my voice was heading off pitch here and there. "And if you listen you can hear me through the radio. In that bright white noise!"

I blushed when Clay looked right at me for the next line of the song, his brown eyes boring into mine, while we stopped at a red light Clay's soft voice reaching my ears in a sweet serenade, "What I been missing in my life, what I been dreaming of. You'll be that girl, you'll be that girl,you'll be-"