1.

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." - The Emperor, Mulan

1.

I wiped my face that was covered under a layer of sweat, with a clean towel and slumped down on the bench. I looked at the team who yet had to run their one last lap across the ground. Danielle, my closest friend here, jogged her way towards me, since she was done with her share of laps and settled down next to me. She snatched the bottle of water from my hand and gulped the liquid down.

That thirsty little bitch.

"Cut it a notch, Danielle. We yet have the stretching before we call it a day." I reminded her. However, being the smart person that she is, she ignored my useful piece of advise and completed the water, letting out a sigh of content in the process.

"That was so refreshing!" She beamed at me, throwing the empty bottle towards me. I caught it with one hand and rolled my eyes at my erratic and daft friend who was fanning her face with her hand.

"The refreshing is soon going to turn into a nasty catch." I deadpanned. However, she dismissively waved her hand at me as she watched the rest of the team jog their way towards us. The girls arrived one by one; freshened themselves up with some water and juices before we made our way back to the field for the final stretching.

Whilst I spoke to Lois and Mary about their positions on field, I felt someone walk past me, banging her shoulder against mine. I wasn't surprised to see Lindsay look back at me with a scowl, as if I just stole her last packet of condoms, from her drawer before she goes for one of her regular one night stands.

The girl sure has a doctorate in annoying the crap out of me and often compels me to envisage different and undoubted ways of brutally murdering her and throwing her body off in the Artic Circle for the seals to devour it. Danielle, however makes sure to keep my perilous side of personality at bay, whenever we're at practice or team gatherings, where the bitch and I confront each other. Witnessing a cat fight of two grown up women isn't exactly pleasant to watch and listen.

Coach Green was already waiting for us in the center of the field. He blew his whistle, signalling us to standing in a circle around him. We ran to our spots and took our stance as we waited for his further instructions.

He blew the whistle one last time before letting it fall over his chest. "All right ladies. I've seen improvement in your speed and dribbling over the past two weeks but you have a very long way to go, before the championship begins." He stated, throwing a quick glance towards each one of us as he continued, "Johnson, Vasquez and Reynolds, you are the backbone of Philadelphia Kings. You girls have to train harder than the rest of the team. We need you in your best form. Get it?" He asked us. We nodded our head to his instruction. "All right, ladies. Let's get to the stretching before we head for tonight's party." Coach green clapped his hand, gesticulating us to take our position.

-

"Holy fuck, this hurts like a bitch." Danielle groaned, as she clutched onto her lower abdomen due to the catch she got while stretching.

Hah, serves her right.

"I told you so." I sing-sung as I threw her a victorious smirk before turning my gaze back to the road. I hit the breaks as the signal turned red and pulled the hand break. I turned towards Danielle whose face was twisted in cramp. I felt a little bad to see her like this. But there's no way I'm going to voice it out, she wouldn't bother taking my advice next time. "Hey, you fine?" I asked her.