2.

"Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it." -Rapunzel, Tangled

2.

"God, Danielle, I'm never carpooling with you again." I stated as I panted lightly due to the panic attack I had due to the events of the last twenty minutes of our uneventful drive here. I blinked my eyes a couple of times in order to register the occasions that almost got us killed. I glared daggers at Danielle, who was grinning victoriously.

"Did you see that, Cassie?" She asked excitedly, ignoring my previous statement. "Holy shit, that was so cool!" She hit the steering wheel in delirium and slumped back on her seat. I watched her with disbelief as she smiled queerly to herself, like she just won a Formula 1 race. "I can finally prove dad wrong for calling me a bad driver!" She said. She rubbed her hands, like she was one of those vile antagonists in the animated films.

"You sure about that?" I laughed out humorlessly. That delusional little child.

She twerked her eyebrow up in confusion before she narrowed her eyes at me. "What are you trying to imply, Cassie? That I can't drive well, hmm?" She asked warily.

"'Course not, Dan Dan. What I'm implying is the fact that you are one of the shittiest driver I've ever come across. God, and who the fuck actually authorized your driving permit?" I asked her incredulously. I sometimes ponder if the dude was threatened by her influential father or was he really that bonkers. However, being a good friend that I am, I would let her drive my Volvo, so she could get some practice. Rather, her driving skills went from worse to non-existing and managed to get my baby crashed um..ten times?

Yep, ten times.

Tonight was no different when she batted her puppy eyes at me; to give her the permission to drive my car to get better.

But again, once a bad driver, always a bad driver.

"Come on, you're just exaggerating." She pouted.

"No offense, but rookies are better than you at this." I said with a shrug. Before she could open her mouth and protest to my factual accusation, I covered it with my hand. "Now let's get our asses to the party, we're already running late." I said. I got out of the car and closed my eyes as the cool breeze fanned over my face and the exposed skin of my neck. Danielle handed over the car keys to the gatekeeper, so that he could park it safely.

Danielle looked at me with a frown as she sauntered over. I heard her huff as I tangled my arm around her bare shoulder. "One day, I will be a pro, like I'm at the field." She muttered under her breath.

I barked out in laughter as I amusingly glanced towards her, "One can always dream."

We climbed the stairs that led us towards the grand entrance of the town hall. Showing our invitation cards to the tall and muscular guards that stood at the threshold, we took sauntered into the hall. Danielle drooled while I tried not to let out some incoherent words and embarrass myself whilst we marveled at the grandeur.

Chandeliers above us glowed out, illuminating the huge hall. The guests were sprawled around, dressed in their expensive gowns or three piece suits whilst they chatted around. A group of violinists played melodic tunes on their little stage, in one corner of the room.

Bottom line; the party is lit.

My eyes fell upon the petite brunette who was frantically waving at the two of us, trying to catch our attention. Danielle, yet, was in her lala land. I clicked my fingers in front of her eyes which startled her for a second but she regained her composure. "Come on, Dan. Paige is waiting for us." I said, pointing a finger towards Paige. She smiled at us beckoned us to come over.