4.

"All it takes is faith and trust." -Peter Pan, Peter Pan.

                         4.

"It was very spontaneous and brave of you to have emptied your glass on that cutie. It was priceless." Lois Vasquez, my team mate giggled. She attached her shin pads and pulled her football socks up.

I smirked at her whilst I pulled out my jersey top from the lockers, "I know, right? Danielle practically gave me a migraine for being bratty and immature. Her words, not mine." I snickered, putting my hands on my bare waist and scrunching my nose up in disappointment. "I mean, Karma is a bitch. So basically, it is Karma who humiliated him, I was just the medium." I said to which Lois simply chuckled. I pulled the top over my torso and put my long brown hair into a bun.

I heard Danielle snicker, who was standing by the lockers. I turned towards her, only to find her looking at me with a frown, "I thought we were past this." She deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes at her gullible self and put on my shin pads. "You are past this. I'm not." I stated, not sparing her a glance. Sometimes, her goodness and thoughtfulness for others compensates for Ira's absence, but most of the time, it's a major pain in the butt. "Come on, you cannot be mad at me for something I'm at no fault." I pouted like a whiny child since her expressions were yet the same.

Stony and disappointing.

"Okay, you guys should chill. What's done is done. Now lets hurry down to the field, yeah?" Lois chimed in, breaking our intense stare-off. I turned towards her and smiled gratefully for intervening; to which she shot me a peace sign. She got up from the bench and walked past Danielle, giving her shoulder a slight squeeze before she walked out from the locker room, leaving the two of us behind.

I tied the laces of my shoes and walked over to her. "Come on, Dan. Don't let that prick come in between the two of us." I said softly. I wouldn't give two shits about anyone being upset with me. But seeing the people I care about, be unhappy because of me hurts me a lot. "Fine, I'll be at my best behavior, all right?" I sighed in defeat. The girl sure knows how to get things done in her way.

Her frown twitched up in a small smile, "You may think I'm bossy but I just want you to stay out of trouble."

"But trouble and I go hand in hand." I argued. She glared at me with the 'really?' look before I let put my hands up in defense. "Gee, fine. Hakuna your tatas." I scoffed. She cheerily put her hand around my shoulder as we sauntered out of the lockers, towards the field.

Whilst we approached the girls who were stretching themselves to warm up, Lindsay got up from her position and smirked deviously at me. "Psst." Danielle whispered, "Why on earth is she looking like she just rode the biggest possible dick?"

"Maybe because she did?" I said which came out more as a question. "I don't know, she anyways acts like a refugee from a nuthouse almost all the time. Something must be up in her empty brain, I think." I shrugged. Danielle shook her head at me in amusement before walking over to the girls. I tried staying as far way as possible, from Lindsay but apparently, she swayed her way towards me when I was about to begin with the stretching.

"Hi, Cassie." She chirped.

Chirped. Literally. Maybe my eardrums need a checkup or finally she lost the remaining functioning brain cells.

"Hi." I eyed her warily as she showed her yellow dents.

Talk about lack of dental hygiene.

She was grinning like a lunatic while all I could do was to wait until she begins talking. Lindsay and I have never been on good terms, since my day one in this club. I don't know what I've ever done to her but her savage hospitality is something I can never forget. She literally poured all of her gatorade drink on me, in front of the entire team before walking out, on the first day.