o n e

"Hey Mila, can you please stop being so nervous?! There's no need for you to worry at all."

As of right now, Dinah was driving herself and Camila to school, their new school. It was their first ever day at Miami High and Camila was already getting herself worked up, before she had even set eyes on the school.

"But what if they don't like who I am?" The smaller girl asked anxiously, shifting uncomfortably in the passenger seat beside Dinah. "What if they rule me out, don't speak to me or-"

"Please Mila! You're gonna be fine, they are gonna love you. Just please trust me, I'm gonna be beside you the whole time. It's my first day too, remember?" Dinah laughed slightly, attempting to reassure her best friend.

Camila just pulled down the overhead mirror for the fourth time, fixing her hair and checking her make up once again. "How can you be so confident all of the time?" She pushed the mirror back up quickly and slumped down in her seat, huffing.

Dinah shook her head, "I'm not, really I'm not. I just don't see any need to overthink things when they haven't even happened yet. Just take it step by step and everything will be fine." Both hands on the steering wheel, the taller girl made a sharp right turn.

Camila knew that she was right; Dinah didn't worry about anything. She was so laid back, so chilled. Camila needed to learn a few tricks from the other girl, but now, it wasn't exactly the right time.

Before another thought could enter Camila's clouded mind, Dinah stopped the car and turned off the engine. Shaking her head to snap her back into reality, Camila's stomach turned when she gazed out of the window and realised that they had arrived at their new school; Miami High.

"Shit Dinah, I'm so scared.." Camila admitted, lowering her head. Dinah took off her seat belt and pulled her chair backwards, all the while, looking at her worried best friend. Attempting to make the situation better, Dinah placed a reassuring hand upon Camila's shoulder, "Look Walz, we're both going to be fine." Dinah began. "We are gonna walk in there, see where we are going, find a nice group of humans to speak to and then I'll find you a man!" The Polynesian winked playfully.

Camila smiled slightly, turning to face the taller girl in the drivers seat, "Remember, I'm still leaving my options open at this point."

Dinah brushed it off, "Yeah yeah, whatever. I know you're gonna fall for the 'bad boy' of this school."

Camila furrowed her eyebrows.

That's not true.

Dinah noticed the girls reaction and returned the gesture. "You fell for Austin... Seriously Mila."

The small brunette undid her seatbelt. "Don't mention his name to me, ever again." Camila sighed, "new school, new me. No one knows me anyway so let's give it a shot."

"That's the spirit!" Dinah cheered, patting the smaller girl on the back a bit too hard. "That's the spirit my little sexually open minded best friend!"

"What the fuck." Camila laughed genuinely out loud, not caring if Dinah was making herself look like a weirdo to the people passing by her outside. Dinah was Dinah and she wasn't going to change for anyone. Camila admired her so much for that.

Being yourself is a hard thing to do, Camila knows from experience, so, she's just happy that she has such an inspiring friend like Dinah to help her along the way.

"Okay DJ, I think I'm ready now." Camila sighed contently once her laughter had died down. Dinah stopped patting her on the back and smiled widely towards the brunette.