f i v e

"Shit shit shit." Camila paced up and down the street, outside of Normani's house, phone held to her ear.

"Hurry up Normani! Fucking answer your stupid phone." She whisper-yelled down the line. The small brunette tapped her fingers on her black phone case, the silence on the other end of the line making her impatient.

"For fucks sake, you asshole."

"Hey, Camila... You do realise I've been here for a good... 5 minutes?" Normani's voice passed through Camila's phone from the other end of the line.

The small girl jumped slightly in shock, not expecting Normani to be listening.

"Oh my god, finally!" Camila slumped over, body language changing as she rolled her eyes sarcastically. She exhaled, placing her heavy bag down beside her before continuing, "I need to tell you all some really exciting news!"

On the other end, Normani sighed, "did you even hear me?"

Camila was clearly too happy and enthusiastic to even notice Normani on the other side of the line. Why did she even bother?

"So, I'll tell you all what happened, but please open your door, I'm -"

"Guess you didn't hear me."

"outside. You won't believe-"

"Camila, you're a bitch."

"what happened! I can't even believe it myself..."

"So, you're just gonna ignore me... I see how it is then."

"I'm going to tell you first Mani, are you ready to hear it? I'm way too impatient."

"Whatev-"

"I SPOKE TO LAUREN!" Camila shouted down the phone.

Normani didn't answer. All that was heard was the sound of something smashing and what sounded like her phone falling to the floor. It was quickly followed by a muffled 'fuck' made by the dark skinned girl.

Everything on the other side of the line soon became clear to hear again and Camila furrowed her eyebrows as she heard Normani yell straight down the line.

"Hello?! You still there Mila?"

"Yeah." Camila replied blankly.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I dropped my phone and Dinah smashed a glass, well she knocked it off the side.. fuck its everywhere." Normani explained, her voice becoming quieter, as she must have been speaking to the two girls in her room at the same time, most likely telling them both off. She brought her phone closer to her ear before speaking again, "Just make your way upstairs Camila and you can tell us what happened then. I gotta clean up this mess."

With that, Camila, smiling widely, hung up and placed her phone in her back pocket. She grabbed the handles of her backpack and threw one of the straps over her shoulder. She then slowly approached Normani's door.

The smaller girl wasted no time in pushing the door handle downwards and stepping inside of Normani's front door.

She was immediently met with a white staircase to the left of her. Camila closed the door quietly behind herself and heard Dinah's loud voice echo from the upstairs.

"I didn't mean to!"

Camila giggled, hearing her best friends apologetic words and knowing what the situation actually was.

She made her way over to the staircase, before slowly making her way up each step. She tried to make as little noise as possible as she walked up the stairs, she wanted to scare the other three girls.