n i n e

"Holy shit. Can you hear that Mila?" Dinah diverted her gaze off the road ahead of her for a second and to the passenger seat where her smaller best friend was sat. She removed one hand from the leather steering wheel in front of her and moved it to the gear stick, changing gears to slow down the pace of the car. She watched as Camila's eyes widened and turned to face her, a mischievous glint hidden behind her secretive brown eyes. Was Camila actually excited for the party?

"Wow." She laughed towards Dinah as the Polynesian trained her eyes carefully back on the road. "The music is so loud.. And we're not even in the house yet."

Muffled music snaked the street that they drove down, the four girls could already here it from miles away.

Anyone would be able to identify the party house, it would be hard not too. There were loads of teenagers, boys and girls all dancing outside of this huge black house, red plastic cups grasped loosely in their hands. It seemed as though even the house itself was dancing, the loud music thickening the air around it and giving it that specific party vibe.

"I just need to park and we're good." Dinah announced, passing the party house slowly and allowing the girls (and herself) to take it all in. It was huge.

"Park there!" Normani exclaimed, grabbing the back of Dinah's seat and leaning forward, pointing to where she was looking. There was a small but fitting space a few metres in front of them which would fit Dinah's car perfectly.

Clearly observing the older girls statement, Dinah's drove forwards and began carefully slotting into the empty space. Happy with the positioning of the car, she quickly turned off the engine, threw her keys into her handbag and turned to look at the other girls with an excitable expression.

"I'm really excited." She spoke enthusiastically, wasting no time in opening her door and stepping out onto the concrete floor. The other girls followed instantly, ensuring and checking that they had everything on them that they might need.

Camila and Ally, who were on the outer sides of the car, walked over, onto the pavement to join Normani and Dinah. Camila linked arms with Dinah and the Polynesian heard her friend sigh quietly to herself.

"You alright Mila?" Dinah asked as the four of them made their way towards the house, following the loud sound of the music.

Camila looked up and into the eyes of her best friend. "Honestly, yeah I'm really excited." She smiled, "But just a tad nervous."

Dinah relaxed, it was normal for her to feel nervous. It was their first party with their new school friends... So much could happen.

"Hey, it's gonna be great." Dinah reassured the smaller girl, resting her cheek on Camila's head for a moment.

Then, they reached the house.

And everything hit them.

The music was beyond loud and they'd have to shout to be heard, even though they were only still outside.

Normani entered the gates to the house, allowing all four girls into the garden where all kinds of things were going on. There was a game of spin the bottle taking place, with a guy and a girl making out sloppily, clearly the two of them were not so sober. A bunch of people smoking and talking, sat on a stone wall with a few empty beer cans thrown carelessly to the ground. There were people randomly making out and flirting. Basically, there were people everywhere, all different types of people.

"Hey, um... Normani?"

A dark skinned boy with curly(ish), short hair cut off the four girls from taking in their surroundings. He was standing beside Normani, trying to get her attention.