f o u r t e e n

Homeroom was one of the only times Camila could subtly stare at Lauren, who was always at the back of the room, alone.

The Starbucks meeting had been the last time Camila had spoken to Lauren properly, other than that, it was down to the odd few glances she would take in school hours.

Some days, Camila was really tempted to go over to the raven-haired girl and talk to her, but then the anxious person inside of her comes out and she just cannot bring herself to do it, and possibly embarrass herself in the process.

As of right now, Camila was leaning against the desk, her chin resting in the palm of her hand. She was sat with her friends; Normani, Ally, and of course, Dinah.

They were chatting away about Normani and that guy Josh at the party. Camila heard that the two are close, but not together. They're cute, and they suit... As long as he's good to her, that's what matters. He seemed nice.

Although she was talking to her friends, the brunettes brown eyes couldn't help but wander into the corner of the room every second or so.

Camila sighed deeply but contently. Lauren looked extremely beautiful today.

She looked very feminine, and it fascinated Camila how Lauren could go from a casual, boyfriend style to a casual, sexy style.

Her emerald eyes were lined with dark eyeliner, enhancing them. Her long hair was down and curled slightly. The usually noticeable tattoos were covered with an oversized denim jacket, even without them she would look amazing.

How could Gigi bully someone like her? It blew Camila's mind.

The girl wanted answers. She wanted to know why Gigi was so horrible to Lauren.

She swears that she hates Gigi. And Camila doesn't hate many people.

"Alright class, there's the bell." Mr. Campo, the attractive teacher, raised his voice over the students after hearing the ringing sound from in the corridors. All of the students got up, picking up their bags, throwing them across their shoulders or backs before making their way slowly out of the room.

"Let's go." Normani smiled, also standing up from the desk. The three others followed her lead leisurely.

As they began to walk over to the door, near the back of the room, Camila's heart began to speed up when she realised that Lauren still hadn't left the room.

She would normally be the first one out of this classroom.

It looked as though she was rummaging through her bag for something, distracted.

A part of Camila wanted Lauren to leave now so that she wouldn't have to awkwardly pass her. But, the majority of her, was dying to speak to the green eyed beauty once again.

Every time Camila would see Lauren, her heart would flip like it was the first time she had seen her before. It was a bad and scary habit.

Eyes trained to the floor momentarily, Camila felt herself near Lauren's desk.

Shit.

Lauren, on the other hand, had just noticed Camila's presence beside her. The brunette was facing the floor, her hair falling beside each side of her face, parting in the middle. She looked shy, but very cute...