Chapter 26- Karr vs. Landry-Walker

The Conversation Continues Ch.26

Early November 2014

Artemis

Tonight was the Karr versus Landry-Walker game and it was the biggest game on the Westbank. Everyone and they momma came to this game just to see the two teams play.

Obviously, Karr won the game by 38 to 18. It was a great win for the Cougars and everyone was hyped up. We haven't lost a game all year and we were very close to the State Championship in the Superdome.

I was waiting for Isis, Roc, and Prince by myself. Jari, Prod, Ray, and Brittany were already gone and Juno went with them. I was standing in the school parking lot leaning against Wendy's car as someone walked up to me.

I instantly got scared and tensed up until I saw it was just Ijay.

"Hey Artty. I missed you, babe. It's been so long." Ijay said as he came into hearing range. He tried to hug me, but I pushed him back. "What you doing?"

"No. What are you doing? Coming at me like we were the best of friends at one point in time. We were never friends, you were just a jerk that played with my heart. Now please go away before my boyfriend comes out here and kicks your ass." I snapped.

"Oh, Artemis, always have had that big, bad attitude." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Ijay, get away fr--"

"Listen to me, Princess." He spat, cutting me off. "Stop acting like a little bitch and come here."

He grabbed me roughly and kissed me.

"Let me go!" I pushed him back. He grabbed me and pinned me against Wendy's car.

"Now listen to me," He pressed a knife against my throat. "If you want to make it home whole, kiss me back."

I nodded and he lowered the knife before kissing me. I kissed back softly as one tear slid down my face. His hands moved all over my body and I felt disgusted.

"Artty, babe." Ijay moaned. I pushed him back.

"Okay. Enough." I spat as I wiped my mouth off.

"No, I say when enough is, bitch. Now get in the back of the car. Now." He pulled out the knife again.

"No!" I shouted. He roughly pushed me toward the back seat.

"I see this will be the hard way." He chuckled darkly. I struggled against him before he kissed me.

His hands started moving down again as he pinned me against the car harder.

"Bitch!" Someone shouted and I felt Ijay move off me. I opened my eyes to se Prince on top of Ijay wrestling him.

"Prince stop! He has a knife!" I shouted. "Help! Help!" I screamed.

Roc and Isis were awkwardly walking out of the school together.

"Roc! Help!" I screamed as Prince knocked the knife out of Ijay's hands. Roc and Isis charged my way and Roc pushed me into Isis so we were out of the way. Roc pulled Ijay off of Prince, Ijay had gotten on top of Prince, and started punching him. That's when Ijay pulled out a gun and all we hard was a loud bang! then a gasp of pain.

***

Roc

"Come on, Isis. Did you really have to tell everyone that we broke up? I mean, ICCE, we could work this out. Come on, ICCE." I pleaded. We were walking from the back of the school to the parking lot were Prince and Artemis should be waiting.

"Don't call me that, Chresanto. That was your nickname for me when we were together." Isis snapped.

"No, ICCE was my nickname for you when we were friends. Way from the start. A whole two years ago." I smiled. "Two years. A lot has changed since then, huh?"

"Yeah, Chres. A lot has changed since then." She paused for a second. "How about we be friends? I mean, we have to see each other everyday. Why shouldn't be at least friends?"

"I'll take what I can get." I smiled and did a little jig.

"Calm down, Chres." She giggled. I laughed with her before we fell in an awkward silence. As we came to the front doors, I heard someone screaming from the parking lot.

"Haha! Prince must be getting some in the car." I laughed.

"Maybe." Isis shrugged as I held the door for her. When we walked out, Artemis screamed to us.

"Roc! Help!"

Prince was fighting someone. I charged for Prince and whoever he was fighting. I pushed Artemis out of the way before pulling whoever the guy was off of Prince and punching the shit out of him.

Everything was happening so fast and before I could even react, he pulled out a gun and pulled the trigger.

I gasped as I felt something pinch me in the chest and a burning sensation. I looked down and saw a little bit of blood seeping through my shirt.

"Shit!" The guy cursed, pushed me off him, and ran down the street.

"Rocky!" Isis shouted as I fell back onto the ground and started gasping for air.

"Oh my God! Call 911! Artemis, call 911!" Isis shouted as she ran to my side.

I smiled up at her tear streaked face.

"I love you, Isis." I gasped and reached for her face. I rubbed my thumb on her cheek.

"No, no. Don't say that. You aren't gonna die. Not tonight." Isis cried.

"I love you, Isis." I smiled. God, help me, please.

"I love you, too, Rocky." Isis sobbed as police sirens were heard from a distance. "Roc, stay with me. Please. The ambulance is almost here. Stay with me, Rocky. Stay with me."

"Isis, tell my mother and family that I love them. And tell Prince and Artemis it's not their faults. Oh and tell Prod, Jar, Brit, Juno, and Ray that they are the best fam a nigga can have and that I love them." I coughed up some blood.

"You're not dying! I love you too much!" Isis screamed as an ambulance came into the parking lot. I knew a lot of people had to be outside of their homes by now. Black people are always so nosy.

I laughed at myself before going unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my lil angels!

Depressing chapter, right?

Who thinks Roc is gonna die? Who thinks he'll live? Do you think Roc and Isis will get back together?

All these questions and more will be answered in the next installment of The Conversation Continues....

Love ya,

LilBlackAngel

P.S. No death threats in the comments. My friends already did that enough-.-