Chapter 6

When Bucky and Willow arrived at the Tower the next day they found the rest of the Avenger's in similar states of outrage, with Steve trying to calm them down.

 "I'm sure he has some secrets we could dig up," Natasha was muttering. 

"Guys! Let's just focus on the real bad guys! Loki is still in there, and whatever being gave him the scepter could be on it's way to earth right now!"

 The Avengers all fell silent, waiting for Steve's instructions. "I want Willow to go back in there, and dig around in his brain some more, see what else you can find out."

 Willow nodded grimly, "Right Away Captain."

"The rest of us will watch and wait. Understood?"

 Everyone nodded reluctantly and set about their business, though Bucky insisted on accompanying Willow to the door of the cell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Once inside, Willow took up her position across from Loki. The two glared at each other, Willow crossed her arms, staring straight at Loki. It was obvious to Bucky that they were having a battle of wills. He knew Willow would win, whenever he and Willow argued (which was very seldom) she always won. 

 Finally Loki began to speak, "Yet again you come to see me mortal. And yet again I remain unimpressed by the advocate for the mighty Avengers."

 Willow didn't waste time speaking, her eyes glowed white, and she took control of Loki's mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 Bucky watched anxiously as Willow searched through Loki' mind. Her eyes stopped glowing, and she gave a muffled cry of pain, clutching her head.

"Steve!" 

 Grabbing his revolver, Bucky raced down toward the cell. Kicking the door in, he knelt down beside Willow.

 "Willow? Willow Can you hear me?"

  Willow's eyes had gone from white to ice blue. She didn't respond to Bucky, he picked her up quickly, knocking over her wheelchair, as he raced out of the cell. Willow seemed to be mumbling something. 

 "Bucky! What happened," Steve rushed forward, his eyes taking in the half conscious Willow.

"I don't know, she just started screaming, and it's like she's in a trance," Bucky said, Steve could tell his friend was trying to be calm. But Bucky's eyes betrayed him, they were wide and frightened. 

 "She's going to be fine Bucky," Steve said, "Let's get her down to Banner's lab."