Chapter 18

The car skidded to a stop outside the compound, and Tony jumped out, slamming the door behind him. Steve and Bucky wrestled their way out, and ended up sprawled in the dirt. Bucky was about to head over and open Willow's door when she rolled her wheelchair around the corner. 

"How exactly did you manage that?" Steve managed, trying to get up.

 "I lifted the chair with my mind." Willow then put on a strong southern accent, "And If you boys could stop playing in the dirt, then maybe you can help little old me with the bags?"

 Steve snorted, trying to keep a straight face, Bucky did the same. "Yes Ma-am," they chorused. 

 Bucky and Steve grabbed a bag each, and Willow's floated behind her. The compound was actually rather large, florescent lights lining the ceiling. Tony had arranged for Bucky and Willow to share a room, which was across from Steve's. 

"Make yourselves comfortable, we might be here for a while," Steve said, closing his bedroom door behind him. 

 Bucky held the door open for Willow and she wheeled past him into the room, then she tossed her bag onto one of the twin sized beds. Bucky threw his bag onto the other bed, taking in the small room. It looked more like a prison cell than a room; two beds, a single chest of drawers, and a lamp. Bucky tapped the wall, and heard a metal clanging. "Wonder if everyone else got a steel walled room?" Bucky said, winking at Willow.

 "Or maybe we're just lucky enough to be Tony's favorites," Willow replied, eyeing her surroundings. "Tony really outdid himself on the decorating."

  Bucky knew that no other room had steel walls, Tony Stark had designed the place, and he trusted everyone else. Willow made Tony nervous, Bucky knew that her power scared him, especially after that thing had gotten into Willow's mind. The only reason Tony hadn't blown Bucky to bits, was because Steve had convinced him that Bucky had been in control of his actions when he'd killed Tony's parents. Bucky felt he deserved Tony's hatred, but it irritated him to no end that Tony didn't trust Willow. 

  He just didn't see how Tony could be scared of someone as kind and gentle as Willow. What was worse was that Willow could sense that she made Tony uncomfortable, and though she'd never said anything, Bucky could tell it upset her. Bucky could see that Willow's eyes were running over everything in the room, not missing anything. Willow and Bucky had grown close in the last two years, to the point where they didn't have to speak to communicate. And if they did need to actually use words,  Bucky had grown comfortable enough with Willow's presence in his mind that they could hold entire conversations in front of the rest of the team, all inside their minds. 

  Sitting down next to Willow on the bed, Bucky put his right arm around her shoulders. The bed creaked when he sat down, and Willow stiffened slightly.

 "Tony just has to get to know you better Willow," Bucky said, trying to ease the waves of worry he could feel slamming into Willow.

 "He's had three years Buck, and I can't blame him. I could kill everyone here if I lost control for just a second," Willow's voice had a hint of tears. Bucky knew it wasn't just Tony's mistrust that was bothering her. "It's not just Tony either, I can sense it from the rest of the team," Willow went on, "Everybody but you and Steve."

 Willow turned to stare into Bucky's eyes, "Do I scare you Bucky?"

 Bucky wrapped his arms around Willow in a hug, pulling her close to him, Willow's hands were shaking. He kissed the top of her head, "Of course not Willow. I love you, you know that."

 "I love you too."