Chapter 20

When Bucky woke up, the first thing that he noticed was that the air in the room seemed a bit thin. Sitting up, he glanced over towards Willow's bed; she was sound asleep, tangled in the sheets. Walking to the door, Bucky tried to turn the handle, only then realizing the door was locked. The thought of waking Willow and seeing if she could open the door crossed Bucky's mind, but he decided to let her sleep.

 Sitting back down on the bed, Bucky tried to remember what he'd dreamed about last night. Whatever it was, it hadn't been pleasant, he just hoped Willow hadn't picked up on it. Sometimes, when both Willow and Bucky were asleep at the same time, Willow's mind would pick up on Bucky's dreams. She couldn't help it, and Bucky honestly didn't mind, except when he was having a nightmare. 

  Closing his eyes, Bucky sank back against the pillows, allowing his thoughts to wander back onto the events of the past weeks. Bucky liked to write things down to remember, he had over twenty notebooks; even though he could remember everything, he was terrified he might forget. So Bucky made a list in his head of the things that had led up to him being in this steel walled room. Loki came to earth. Thanos tried to overpower Willow's mind. Thanos is heading to earth.

 Bucky knew there was nothing he could do to stop Thanos from coming to earth, but as he looked over at Willow, still sound asleep; he vowed he would keep her safe.