Chapter 35

At the exact second the creature raised Willow's hand, Steve threw his SHIELD. Willow raised a hand, and the SHIELD stopped in midair, spinning slightly before it went flying back towards Steve. Bucky didn't want to hurt Willow, but he had to stop Thanos. So taking advantage of the distraction, Bucky tackled Willow, wrapping one of his hands around her neck and throwing her against a tree. Since Bucky had never seen Willow standing up before, he had never realized exactly how tall she was. Willow stood at eye level with him, and was maybe a few inches taller than he was. Struggling to her feet, she raised a hand, and suddenly Bucky's mind was filled with searing pain. He was writhing on the ground, screaming in agony, and he could hear Steve doing the same. Willow smiled, and then hissed, "I'm going to tear your minds apart, and then when Willow returns to her body, she'll find that she destroyed you."

 The screaming noise inside Bucky's mind continued to grow louder, until he thought that it might consume him. Then suddenly, it began to fade, it was still there, but it was muted. Willow fell to her knees, clutching her head. Bucky could see that the ice blue eyes were switching between the harsh blue and the friendly green. Willow was fighting back!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Willow could hear the sound of Bucky screaming, and soon his scream was joined by the sound of Steve crying out in pain. She was doing this, she was hurting them! Willow could sense that Thanos was tapping into her mental abilities; he was trying to rip their minds apart!

No. No. She wasn't going to let this happen. Willow began struggling once again to take back control of her mind. No one could force her to do something she didn't want to do, and no one was going to use her. Not Thanos. She was going to ridikulus the crap out of this particular boggart. 

 Willow's mind felt like it was being shattered into a thousand pieces, like a broken mirror. One thought filled her mind, until it was a roaring ocean. 

No. I won't hurt them, I have to save my friends. My family.