Chapter 22

The Avengers had been at the scene for about twenty minutes, and Bucky had lost sight of Willow. When she'd tried to read the attackers mind, they'd found that the bomb could not be disarmed. So now everyone was trying to evacuate. Willow should have made it safely onto the jet by now, and Bucky was trying to get a terrified group of young agents out of the facility. 

 Steve's voice crackled through Bucky's ear piece, "We've got less than a minute before this facility goes toppling off the cliff, get out."

 "Out, everyone out! If you can carry someone, do it! Grab a friend and get out! We've got less than a minute!" Bucky shouted, shoving agents toward the exit.

 Bucky met Steve on the way out, sprinting towards the jet, "Where's Willow?"

 Steve paled, "I thought she was with you."

"I thought she made it into a jet," Bucky said, starting to panic. 

 The ground shook again, throwing the two friends to the ground. They scrambled to their feet, staring back at the building. The walls had started to collapse, exposing the core of the building. Something was holding it together, someone was sitting at the center a hand up, keeping the building from collapsing. It was Willow. 

 Bucky was frozen with horror, she had been keeping the building together. Even now, the pressure increased, pushing Willow's wheelchair deeper into the ground. Her hand was held up, holding up the building with the strength of her mind. Bucky thought that maybe she could hold the building together, that she'd be fine. 

 Then the bomb went off.