Chapter 20.

* Jason's p.o.v *

Today is fun. Really fun because we already end our high school ' era ' . Even we alredy end it, we still have 2 days because this week is the last week, so we have to complete it. Well ask the principal why.

Talking about graduation day. Hm. All I ever think is. Sara. To be honest if you are in my position, your heart will stop and I bet your knee will feel so weak. Dude, she's so beautiful! These are what I feel when I met her. Actually, I stared at her too but I cover it. I'm a guy, I have to act like that. Actually, I don't want to feel embarassing. I think she felt the same way too because she stared at me without blinking her eyes. Seriously, I will be like that too if I couldn't control myself.

I smile at myself for thinking this.

" why are you smiling? " Mom asks me from the passenger seat, beside dad.

" nothing. I just smile? Is it wrong? "

Ergh my cheek rises.

She just nodd. Mom, I think you know why.

I look outside the window and see someone on the road. She faint? No. Not logic at all. But there's a car near her and the driver is so panic. I feel uncomfortable.

" Dad, can we stop for a while? Look at that girl "

I pointed to the girl on the road. He looks at her and stop the car. I open the door and make my steps towards the place. I really wanna know what happen and who is she. I see blood. So many blood. It is an accident! Maybe the driver didnt know what to do. I walk nearly to the girl's body and my heart stop.This girl is unconscious. This girl makes me feel so weak. This girl is mean so much to me.

" Saraaaaaaaa Noooo " I shout.

I turn back and realize dad is here.

" Dad, help me now! "

" okay okay hurry up we go to the hospital now "

I carry her in a bridal style. I don't care of the blood. I dont care of the person who hit her. I just care about her.

Mom also surprises when she sees Sara's body in my arm. With blood.

" Oh my god Sara. What happen to her? " she says in a panic voice.

" I dont know. I found her body on the road. Someone hit her with the car!"

My voice is shaking. Im afraid anything happen to her. Dad drives as fast as he can to the hospital.

Dad stops the car at the emergency door. He calls the nurse to give us a help. I carry her to the nurse and put her on the hospital bed and push it fastly to a room.

I follow the nurse to the operation room as the doctor checks the injured at her head is quite terrible.

The nurse stops me. Shxt!

" Im sorry you can't get inside "

Why you are so stupid Jason. Its an operation room! I sigh heavily and sit on the chair. I bury my head in my hands. And I just realize the blood at my hand. I go to the restroom and wash the blood away. I look at the mirror. My hair are so messy.I smirk to myself.

I have to think positive. She will be fine. Just relax. I wash my face. I nearly cry.

I go back to the chair where I sat just now. My parents are still here.

" Mom , dad. You can go back now if you want. I know you guys are tired " I say weakly.

" Are you sure you wanna stay here? "

I nod.

" Alright. I already call her mom. Just wait for her here. Anything call me."

She hugs me followed by my dad.
He pats my shoulder gently.

A few minutes later, her mom come. She runs towards me. " Jason! Where is Sara? Where's her ? "

" She's still in the operation room "

She is so panic. I bring her to the chair and sit. She just like my mother.

A question appear in my mind, so I ask her mom.

" Hm can you tell me how can it happen? Its like not logic if it was an incident. I mean maybe it have a reason "

She starts to cry. Did I just miss something about Sara.

She wipes her tears and begin to speak.

" When we arrived home, the police station called me. He told me that uncle Aydin tried to escape from the prison . But what they found is his dead body at the alley. Someone shoot him "

What?!

" I couldn't finish explain to her about it because she ran to nowhere. I was so weak to chase her "

She cries so hard. I rub her back to comfort her. It is so heavy for both of them accept this especially Sara. She is not strong enough, that is why she ran and this happened to her.

I look at the operation room and say in my heart

' Sara, please be strong in there for your mom and. For me. Please. I love you '

---------

* 5 hours later *

Both of us still waiting outside the operation room . We can't sleep. Then I hear a door open. I turn back and the doctor exits the room. Sara's mom stands up.

" Doctor, how is my daughter? Is everything okay? "

" Yes. So far she is okay but still in a critical condition. We just can't predict what will be the effect after the operation because the injured inside her brain is quite deep. " The doctor looks at me with a pity look. He pats my shoulder and walk away.

" All we can do is just pray. "

I tell her mom. She nods slightly.
She looks at her watch and says

" I want to go to the surau nearby to pray. Anything call me "

I smile weakly and nod. I understand because as I know , Muslims must pray 5 times a day as it is their obligation. Sara told me that. I smile alone. Thinking of how exciting she is whenever talking about her religion. Islam. Sometimes I feel like really wanna know more about it. I dont know why.

---------

" Jason. "

" Jason "

I feel someone shakes my body. I open my eyes. Its Sara's mom.

" Jason, come. Doctor says Sara is conscious now. " She says happily even there's still tears beneath her eyes. This is a good news then! Can't wait to see her.

I enter the ward and sees her laying on the bed. She looks so weak.

We walk slowly towards her. Her mom talks first.

" Hey sweetie. How are you feeling. "

She mutters ' im good ' and smile weakly.

She hugs her mom. She strokes her head like she is a baby girl. Hello? Dont you guys realize my presence here?

I cough a bit. Her mom looks at me and say

" Look sweetie who's here "

I smile. But why Sara looks at me weirdly. I mean she looks so confuse.
I furrow my eyebrows.

Suddenly, my heart fell with her words. I feel like the world stop.

" Who are you? "

-----------

Sorry if you think its short 😊enjoy!and for the words ' hospital bed ' i hope its right hueheuehhe