The Transfer Student: Chapter Three

Sunday, I thought. My eyes were still closed, but I didn't need them. My nose twitched as the smell of cinnamon wafted through the house. 

Adrian and I burst out of our rooms at the same time, he glared when he saw me, but I almost laughed. His hair stuck up in all directions and his basketball shorts were halfway twisted around. 

"God," he stepped in front of me, "you look even worse in the morning."

"My guess is you haven't looked in a mirror either, asshole," I shoved him out of my way and ran down the hall to get to the delicious pastries first.

"Oh, no you don't," he growled. Grabbing me around the waist with one arm he swung me around behind him and ran ahead.

Just before he reached the steaming cinnamon rolls that sat tantilizingly on a plate on the counter, I jumped on his back, and, reaching past him, grabbed one.

"Get off," he whined, "you're heavy!"

I proceeded to drop my feet to the floor, wrap my forearm around his neck, and, stuffing my food in my mouth, put him in a headlock.

I was strong enough that no matter how he struggled, he couldn't get me to let go.

"Fine," he yelled, "you win."

"Ha ha," I licked frosting off my lips, "two for Bella, zero for Adrian!"

"Shut up," he muttered, stuffing a whole roll into his mouth. 

Still giggling, I noticed that my parents left a note for us.

Off on the boat, so behave. We will be back for dinner.

Love, Mom and Dad.

"They don't love me!" I cried dramatically. "They left me here with you!"

"I'm not half as bad as you," Adrian glared.

"Whatever, go straighten your hair or something," I walked off.

~~~

Aside from horseback riding, I'd been dancing classical ballet ever since I was little, and this Sunday was maintenance day. The last class I'd taken I had managed to bust two ribbons on one of my pointe shoes, so here I sat, cursing at myself for getting stabbed with the needle.

Adrian sat at the counter with his headphones in. When he thought I wasn't paying attention he would stare at me, but I knew what he was doing. Mentally I rolled my eyes, boys, what did  he want anyway?

Getting annoyed I looked up at him, but he quickly looked away, fiddling with his ipod.

Whatever.