5: Tsunade

Tsunade POV

After what seemed like countless hours, I got the brat stabilized.

"Mmmm" another pained groan escaped the blond's lips.

"Shhh" I said as I ran my hand over his forehead and into his hair.

I stayed with him like this for a while until I could tell that he was in a deep slumber. Then Jiraiya hefted the boy into his arms and we left the tavern.

After a short walk, we found a decent hotel and got a room. It had two beds; one for Jiraiya and Naruto and one for Shizune and I. We would have gotten separate rooms but Shizune suggested that we just get one so we could all keep a close eye on Naruto.

"Tell me everything that happened" I said with slight killing intent to Jiraiya.

"Well, the Akasuki was after Naruto so I took him with me to train. Itachi payed him a visit at our hotel when I was out doing research. By the time I came back Naruto had already been brutally beaten and not responding. I immediately knew that it was Mangekyo Sharigan. Kami (god) knows what happened to him in those 72 hours of hell with Itachi."

After hearing this I didn't know whether to cry or throw something at a wall. 'How dare this bastard do this to an innocent child' I thought glancing over at Naruto.

He was sleeping and when Jiraiya tried to set him on the bed he clung to the cloth of his shirt. Naruto had a bandaged head as well as a bandaged stomach, thigh, calf, arms, chest, and neck. He looked like he had just been mummified.

This went on for a while, Jiraiya trying to fling Naruto off of him but the scared little boy just clinging tighter with a pained expression on his face. The sannin just ended up giving up and plopping down on the bed with the blond mop of hair clinging to his chest.