Chapter 18: To Sherlock's suprise.

A/N: Okay guys here comes the plot twist! you aren't even gonna handle all dis... I'm sorry for it... Kinda... but this story was to BORING! So uhm yeah. I love you! (ps... No one dies... I should clear that up now so no one kills me off.)

Later that night Sherlock awoke to the sound of crying, he rolled over to John to comfort him but he was dead asleep. Sherlock took a moment to put this together before sprining out of bed and into the now empty flat. John felt the springs being shaken and quickly awoke to it standing no less than five feet from Sherlock. Sherlock looked for the sound around his flat trying to pin-point it. "Sherlock?" John said from behind him placing his head on his shoulder. Sherlock quickly jumped back letting out a yelp. "UH JOHN! what is it what do you need?" Sherlock replied hastily. John listened to the sound again before replying, "that's a baby crying.". Sherlock glanced back at John, his eyes wide. John sighed before leaping to the door, when he pulled it open there sat a beautiful baby boy. The child's eyes were blue much like Sherlock's, along with his facial structure and inky curls that laid messily on his head. Sherlock stared at the child, it was older than a year, most likely around two years old. Sherlock's eyes suddenly grew wider as he backed away from the child and ran to the bedroom locking the door behind him. John stared at the baby for a little bit longer before removing it from the carrier and grasping it in his hands. he rocked the baby back and forth listening to the sound of its cries as they slowly ceased and replacing it with the sound of John humming a lullaby.

When the baby stopped cry John walked back to his room, the babe asleep in his carrier and in the living room. John jiggled the handle trying to get in but was only met with its resistance. "Sherlock?" John called quietly knowing he wasn't asleep. Sherlock didn't answer, he was to preoccupied with crying and fear. John quickly took the key from the top of the doorway and slid it into the lock and turning the handle with a click. "Sherlock, what is the meaning of this?" John asked sitting on the bed next to him and comforting him slightly. Sherlock let out another sniffle. "A mistake." He replied dryly. John tried making sense of this but couldn't. "What? What's that mean?" John replied. Sherlock stayed still not moving as he began to cry again like the child who had arrived minutes before. John watched him cry for a moment before placing a sweet kiss on his forehead and placing a light arm around his waist pulling Sherlock into the side of his shoulder. "Sherlock you can tell me what it is." John said into his hair. He already had made a deduction but he knew it couldn't be right, Sherlock wouldn't do that. Sherlock layed back, his body stretching to the length of the bed, his head lying on his pillow. John took that a sign that he didn't want to talk about it, he respected that and decided to try to get some sleep again.

Sherlock woke up hours later to the sound of the baby screeching. Sherlock just layed there scowling at the celing. John rolled over next to Sherlock and buried his head in Sherlock's chest and whined slightly. Sherlock looked down at his sheer perfection and smiled thinking of their life that would start together in a couple of weeks. John whined again at the sound of the child crying in their living room. Sherlock got up and kissed John on the head before going to tend to the nuseance sound.

Sherlock looked at the baby, his eyes full of hate as he picked it up the stench coming from his bum poluting the air around him. Sherlock grimiced at it plugging his nose after placing the baby down. "I hate you, you idiot." Sherlock hissed at it his voice sounding naisily as he talked. The baby continued wailing as Sherlock clasped a hand around it's mouth in attempt to shut it up. (don't ever do that to your baby... I hope you know better than that. Sherlock is a sociopath so he doesn't know.) the child still cried until Sherlock removed the nappy from his bum and replaced it with a new one. (obviously he cleaned the baby but I didn't want to... go into detail...) The baby stopped crying when Sherlock picked it up, which made Sherlock unbelievably happy to here the crying stop an silence replace it. The peace was sweet, but also brief seeing that the child soon cried again when Sherlock moved and awoke it. Sherlock grimaced before he picked the baby up, cradling it in his arms and sining him the tune to a song his father sang him. (The Misty Mountians from the Hobbit. Start playing song now)