Chapter 1 - Watching

Ulquiorra knew what Szayel had said was true, he just didn't want to admit it. He was stalking Ichigo, that was true. But anytime he saw Ichigo, he just felt... Alive. He felt like he might actually have a heart, but he knew it was foolish to think of such things. He knew he could never have a heart, not after everything that's happened. So he kept on searching on that cold night.

  He found Ichigo, and he watched him fight a hollow that he had found. While seeing the fight, he once again felt alive. This is the real reason he came, to get that feeling he had... It was something new that he craved, that he felt he would die without it. He needed to have that feeling that he got when seeing Ichigo. Hell, he didn't even care if he was killed while watching Ichigo fight.

  Ichigo didn't know Ulquiorra was watching him, until he saw something move in the distance, thankfully he had defeated the hollow that he found. He wasn't sure about what he saw, though. But he decided to follow it.

  Ulquiorra had gone into a forest, and had sat down near a small pond that was reflecting the moon on this clear night. He looked up at the moon and sighed. "Why is this happening... I'm risking my life for feeling alive. But... I've been without it for all of my existance so I... Is this really what I've come to?" He looked down at the ground and was silent.

  "Hey, who are you?" Said Ichigo, after finding Ulquiorra, but he couldn't tell who it was untill he stood up. "... What do you want, Ichigo Kurosaki?" Ichigo's eyes widened, both in shock and fear. "Why the hell are you here?!"

  "Will you promise to keep it a secret if I tell you?" Ichigo was also shocked by what Ulquiorra had said to him. "I will, so what is it?" "Well, I don't know what it is, but anytime I see you, I feel... Alive, like I have a heart... I think it might be the one emotion that puzzles me the most... Even hearing your voice makes me feel that way, Ichigo." 

  "Ulquiorra, I think it's-" "Love?" Ulquiorra had cut Ichigo off, and then he asked a question. "Well... What about you, Ichigo? Do you feel this way about anyone?" "If I told you, you'd never believe me." "Is it a soul reaper? Or perhaps a human?" Ulquiorra wasn't sure if he wanted to know what Ichigo was talking about, because he knew he could get hurt in this situation.

  "You only have one more guess, Ulquiorra." Ichigo smiled at Ulquiorra, as he was thinking, but then he had his answer. "It has to be Grimmjow, right?" Ichigo laughed a bit at his answer. "You're two numbers off, Ulquiorra." "Szayel? If that's so, Nnoitra's going to be angry at you." "You really are clueless when it comes to this, aren't you?" "Wait... So is it..." Ulquiorra's face got red. "... Me?" "Yeah... I said you'd never believe me if I told you."

  "Ichigo, I should be getting back to Las Noches now, I think the Espada might be suspicious about me now, thanks to Szayel." Ichigo now had a small frown on his face as he quietly spoke. "Okay... Can you come back tommorow?" Ulquiorra looked at Ichigo, and he talked in a warmer tone than he normaly did. "Sure Ichigo, sure." Ulquiorra opened a garganta and left Ichigo alone in the forest. Both of them were hoping that this could work out.