Chapter 8: Gotcha (Part 2)

*Niall's POV*

I wake up to find myself laying in a hospital bed and two nurses outside my door. As soon as they see me awake, one enters my room while the other walks down the hall.

"How are you feeling, sir?" She asks me sitting down on a stool by a desk.

"Fine, thank you. May I ask, am I okay?"

"You suffered a minor concussion and your right wrist is broken. You also bruised your left shin and your left rib cage. Other than that, you just have minor cuts and bruises." She tells me assuringly.

"Thank you, and Lilly? The girl I was with. Is she alright?" I ask, honestly, more worried about her than myself.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Horan." She looks at me sadly.

"Wh- I-Is she alive?"

"Yes, but she is in critical condicion. LillyAnne also has a broken wrist, as well as a bruised collarbone and a broken ankle."

"Well that's not too bad. I mean that's awful but at least she's alive and alright, besides those injuries." I feel relief come over me for a split second before it's ruined again when she starts speaking.

"You didn't let me finish. LillyAnne is also suffering a concussion, but the difference is yours is a minor concussion, her's was more severe and she has slipped into a coma. She has a very little chance of surviving. I'm sorry Mr. Horan." That was all it took, before I break down. No matter how much I hurt physically, I hurt even more on the inside, knowing that the love of my life may not live.

"You do have some visitors, though. Would you like me to send them in?"

"Please." She nods and walks out. Not even a minute later I see some of my favorite faces approach the door.

"Aye, Niall. How you feeling, mate?" Liam asks me as every one walks in and sits down.

"Sore." I simply state.

"I don't blame you." He shakes his head slightly.

"So where's Sophia?" I ask noticing that she's not there.

"Oh, yeah, we broke up." He says quietly and looks down.

"Oh." I bite my lip trying to hide the smile on my face.

"So, do you know how Lilly is?" El asks me in the tone of a concerned mother.

"Um, she...uh...guys, she has a broken wrist, a broken ankle, and a bruised collarbone...and she's in a coma. T-the doctors say she has a very little chance of surviving." Before I knew it, I wasn't the only one crying my eyes out.

"Do you know what room she's in?" Louis asks, tears running down his cheek.

"No, I'm sure you could find out at the desk, though."

"Yeah, we'll go check." Louis walked out, followed by El and Harry.

"So, Niall, do you have any broken bones?" Perrie asks breaking the awkward silence between the four of us that were left in the room.

"Yeah, actually, I have a broken wrist, a bruised shin, and a bruised rib cage. Plus a minor concussion." I say it like it's no big deal, because to me, it isn't.

"Niall, lad, something's obviously bothering you. You can tell us, it's okay." Zayn says giving me a small smile.

"It's nothing, really. It doesn't matter." They give me looks as if they know I'm lying. "You know what, fine! I feel guilty, okay? About the accident, that I couldn't help! That Lilly is laying somewhere in this fucking hospital, barely alive, all because of me! Okay? That's what's bothering me!" I scream at them, and as soon as I do I feel bad. I'm just worried about Lilly.