Claire - Prologue

"Morning class! Today, we'll be dissecting a bird!"

I heard a few huffs in the class room, but no groans. Did they do dissections every day in Stein's class?

"I'm so tired of dissecting things. Not like we haven't done it every single day since Stein's started teaching here!" A white-haired, red-eyed male beside me said. A girl beside him glared. "Hush, Soul. It's better than doing nothing but tests." Soul only grunted.

As Stein went through the dissection, the students' attention flew away. I looked to my right at the sound of complained whispering. "Ew. So disgusting... So asymmetrical..." I rolled my eyes at the black-haired boy. He had three white stripes on one side of his hair, so I don't know what he was talking about "asymmetrical". A taller blonde rolled her eyes beside the boy.

Suddenly, in the middle of class, the boy to my right jumped up and screamed, "I can't take it anymore!" He grabbed a pair of scissors and held them out as if to cut my hair. I stood and grabbed his wrist and pushed the pressure point on the bottom of his wrist, making him drop the scissors. He gaped at me, obviously shocked.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I growled, glaring at him. "Ever."

Professor Stein cleared his throat. "Is there a problem, Kid?" I released the boy's wrist and walked down the stadium to the door. "I apologize. I'll just excuse myself from class. I'm sorry to interrupt." I left the class, leaving the shocked whispers behind me.