I Won't Let You Go

Kira's POV

I sat down in the distance with Lady Arachne. I was surprised she left the Kishin. But here she was, sitting with me.

Giriko left to go lure the pathetic kids into his trap. That golem was our doing. Too bad they didn't know that.

Finally, after twenty minutes, Giriko walked into the clearing with three kids I couldn't see clearly.

A fight began very soon. I envied Giriko; he got to fight someone other than me. I wished I was out there now.

The kids were putting up a tough fight, but they didn't stand a chance against the golem. Especially when it was fighting with Giriko in his Weapon form.

Although we were in the distance, the fight was still very entertaining. "You're excited, Kira?" Arachne asked. I nodded. "More like eager. I really wish I was out there fighting with him." I told her honestly. She smirked. "I've heard word that Giriko has made you a, generally, happy girl. Is that so?" I smiled softly. "Yes. He has, my Lady." I wasn't embarrassed. Not in the slightest.

Because Giriko has made me the happiest girl in the world. We were perfect for each other! We loved to fight, loved to get our hands dirty, and we hated sanding idly by. We wanted action, and we were going to get it! Whether we had to fight for it or not didn't matter.

Giriko was back in his human form now, and there was another person added to the party. He looked a bit older than the kids, but not by too much. He was fighting Giriko now, and the kids were out of the way, one of them injured.

"Come along, Kira. He will be needing you soon." Arachne said as we made our way out of our hiding place.

I got a much better view of the male fighting Giriko when we got closer. He was blonde with piercing blue eyes. He looked like a priest with a black robe and crosses decorating the arms. He had a cross necklace. Yup. He was a priest.

Giriko blocked one of his blades, but his opponent had another one coming for him. I gasped and, without permission from Arachne, jumped and blocked Giriko's opponent's blade with one of my own. "Not today, bitch!" I growled as I brought my foot up and kicked him in the jaw. Giriko smirked beside me, putting a hand on my waist.

I stepped closer to the kids to finish them off; why not? They were useless now, anyways.

"K-Kira!" The male with spiky white hair shouted. I glared at him. "How do you know my name, brat?" I spat. He gaped. "It's me! Soul! Remember?" I opened my mouth to argue with him, but my head suddenly pierced as images flew in my mind at a hundred miles a minute.

Everything started fading into darkness, and I fought it. Even as I did, I fell to the ground, secure arms catching me and my name being shouted from two different mouths.

***

I sat up, choking and coughing. I leaned forward, coughing and coughing until I felt something wet fall from my mouth. I opened my eyes. It was dark. Very dark. There wasn't a lot of it, but it looked like blood. No. It was black. No way it was blood.

The coughing continued, and I pushed myself from the comfort of the bed I was laying in. I was on my knees, coughing up more of that black liquid. A trash can was placed next to my head and I grabbed it, coughing up the liquid into the can.

A hand landed on my back, and I jumped and roundhouse kicked the person the hand belonged to. They yelped, and I choked again.

Once the choking stopped, I panted. Where was I? What happened? I coughed again, spitting out the last of the liquid. I hoped.

I leaned back, wheezing in shaky breaths. "Kira?" A voice boomed. I yelped and covered my ears. "Where... Am I?" I wheezed. A familiar face knelt down in front of me. "You're in DWMA's hospital ward, pretty much. Your dad patched you up the best he could." I gaped.