Fighting Injured

Kira's POV

*+*

Darkness. Darkness everywhere. "Hello?" I asked, standing up. I didn't have any clothes, I was aware. "Kira! You're alright!" I heard a male voice exclaim. "Who are you?" I asked. "Me? I'm your Meister, of course!" I shook my head. "No! What's your name!" I paused. "Wait a second! I don't have a Meister! What the hell is going on here!"

The darkness melted into a room. It had blue, white, and dark grey everything. Tile, walls, pictures, curtains, even my clothes. Only one thing in the room wasn't blue, white, and dark grey. A human.

A male around my age stood with his back to me. I would've called out, but something was off. This was just too strange. "Kira? Have you come to play?" He turned, revealing himself and a girl. Kai and Zero. "What?" I took a step back, confused. "Have you come to play, sister?" I clenched my fists. "What? No! What're you talking about!" Zero began to rot, her skin withering. "She hasn't come to play, Kai..." Her voice deepened and Kai sighed behind her. "Oh, what a waste." Zero was a scythe in his hands in seconds. I gasped. "What's going on?" Kai leaned Zero down so the tip of her blade touched the center of my chest.

Black flame erupted from the puncture in my skin. I gaped, screaming, and clawed at my skin to kill the fire whilst Kai and Zero stood back laughing.

*+*

Screaming. I could only faintly hear it, and something else, too. Someone screaming my name, begging me to stop. Stop what? What was I doing? What was going on?

"Kira, you're bleeding! Please wake up! Please!" I heard in the distance. Was that Death? Death the Kid?

I gasped as my eyes opened. I sat up abruptly and cried out in pain. I hissed as I looked down at my chest, torn and bleeding. "Gah..." I hissed as I pushed myself against the headboard. The wounds were from my own hands, my own nails. They were deep, too, and didn't seem to want to stop bleeding. "Peroxide! And water! Rag!" Death mumbled as he shot up and ran into my bathroom. What happened?

Gingerly, I turned a bit so I was a little more comfortable and saw something shining under the blood. I gasped and grasped it. I began to pull it out, only to find that it was buried in one of my wounds. I panted as I dug deeper into the wound, finally screaming, and pulled it out. It was the necklace my dad had given me. My mom's necklace. I leaned my head back, crying quietly from the pain.

My throat hurt, like I'd been screaming. Had the screaming I'd heard before been my own? "Kira, I'm back. Now this is gonna hurt a lot, so you may want to grab something." Death warned, approaching me with a bottle of medical alcohol. I gasped as I grabbed my sheets in my fists, trying to prepare myself for pain. He first wiped away the blood, after the bleeding ceased, and that only merely stung. The next part was going to hurt like hell. He tilted the brown bottle and poured the medical liquid onto my wounds. I screamed, tilting my head back as the alcohol burned, disinfecting every wound. As I screamed, I heard Death whimper, "I'm so sorry, Kira. So, so sorry!" When he pulled the bottle away, my tanktop was soaked, and I was completely mad at myself for choosing this night to wear a white tanktop and a black bra.

Death gingerly dabbed at the wounds with the rag, his jaw in a flat, guilty line. "You're... Okay..." I murmured, my voice hoarse from screaming and crying. "You helped." I told him, and he flashed me a small smile. "I'm sorry I hurt you." I giggled shortly, hissing in pain. "Don't do that!" Death warned. I sighed. "Peroxide and I have never been friends, Death, only mortal enemies." He chuckled at that as he finished cleaning the wounds. "Those're deep, Kira. I'm gonna have to bandage them." I shrugged, hissed, and then stopped. "Wait just a damn minute!" I growled when I caught his meaning. "Oh, no! No! I will wrap this!" Death sent me a look that told me, "You cannot move your arms in a way that will successfully wrap your wounds, Kira. Get over it." I clenched my jaw. "I swear, Death, if you look even once, I will gouge out your eyes and shove them up your ass." He gulped and paled, then nodded. "O-Okay! I wasn't going to look, anyway!"