Chapter 01 | Epilogue

Message from the Author: This story is being edited, so it might look a bit messy with a lot of mistakes. Please excuse that. ❤️

~•~

Morgan

*Knock, knock*

"Come in." I said.

"Hello, Mrs. Campbell."

"Hi, Tanya." I said while smiling at my assistant.

"Someone's here to see you."

"Name?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"A man by the name of Donald?" She raised an eyebrow as if trying to see if I knew who he was.

I froze when she said that. It felt as if everything just...stopped. The mention of his name made me feel sick to the stomach.

" . . . Donald..." I'm sure it's not him...It can't be the same person I'm thinking of... I thought.

She left and in came...him. His honey brown eyes met mine. Those eyes instantly brought awful memories.

"Hey, Mrs. Campbell." He gave me a smile. I didn't return one. I didn't say anything, I couldn't speak. He smirked and said "You still look as good as ever. Almost look exactly the way you did back then."

" . . . back then."

Those words made me cringe. He said I almost look the same, but he sure doesn't. That tattoo on the side of his face and that hideous ponytail. He actually might still look good, if he did something else to that head of his.

"...W-what are you d-oing here?" I managed to ask.

He sighed and looked down, then back up at me. "I was in town, and just thought I'd stop by...Haven't seen you in a minute." His deep, low voice spoke.

"It's been about twenty years." I said lowly in disbelief.

I haven't seen or heard from this man, who was the love of my life and the man I can't stand sight of, in nearly two decades! After what he did to me, I thought I'd never see him again.

"Damn, time go by fast." He said while looking at me.

I got up from my desk, and slowly walked up to him. I got in his face and glared at him. "Cut the bullshit, okay? What did you come here for?"

He chuckled.

"Don't worry, I didn't come to hurt you or nothin like that. Just wanted to see you." He licked his lips. "Happy belated birthday by the way." He said while handing me a bouquet of flowers that I didn't notice him holding.

"Thank you..." I put them in a vase.

"Morgan, listen." He started. "I know I hurt you, but I ain't the same nigga I was twenty years ago. I was young and stupid...didn't know what I had..."

"And?" I crossed my arms.

"...I miss you..."

"No you don't." I said lowly.

"Yes I do, baby."

"Don't call me that."

"Morgan...You was the love of my life and I wish I could take all that back." He had tears in his eyes, I held mine in. "I still love you..." He he said just above a whisper.

My heart dropped. He can't possibly love me after everything he put me through.

I ran to the bathroom, locked the door, and puked. As you can see, he literally makes me sick.

Someone started knocking on the door. "Morgan!? Morgan, are you okay!?" I heard Tanya's voice.

Not only is she my assistant, but she's also my friend. So I don't mind her addressing me by my first name.

"I'm okay!" I yelled.

I got up off of my knees and flushed the toilet. I slowly walked to the sink, about to wash my hands. My reflection in the mirror caught my attention. All of the memories I had shared with DeVanté brought tears to my eyes. The good...the bad...and the plain ugly!

I slid down the wall and cried my eyes out. Everything that man did to me was racing through my head. How did he even find me!?

" . . . Morgan!? . . . Morgan!? . . . " Tanya kept calling my name while knocking on the door.

I didn't say anything. My mind was too full of thoughts to even speak...

.
.
.
.

What do you think went down between DeVanté Morgan? 🤔

Vote
Comment
Thanks for reading!